The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2005, 11:17 PM   #1
andrew king

I need soem advice on my lift for a 1 ton SRW

I have a 1984 ! ton truck that has a 2"or 4" lift on I cant tell. I want to go with a 6" lift for it that I already have well I have the front springs U bolts and blocks and shocks and dropped steering arm for it but Im wondering what else I need what other brackets etc... I know I need longer brake lines but what about for the sway bar??? Do I need to run asway bar on it??? Can I jsut put longer bolts where the sway bar bolts to the frame??? And add spacers ?? Like a piece of 1x1 tubing ????? I think I need to drop the Tcase also right? As best as I can tell I could use 1x1 for that also... Or Am I better off just buying a whole new lift and selling my complete 4" and partially complete 6" ????? Any input would be great Im kind of frusturated.
andrew king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 12:29 AM   #2
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

all i can say, DO NOT RUN BLOCKS IN THE FRONT!
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:58 AM   #3
plumberkrak

1faastc10 is right. dont run blocks in the front. you dont have to run the swaybar if you dont want to. i didnt at first because the springs are stiff, but i eventually bought relocating drop brackets for it and hooked it back up. i have a 6" lift aswell and i never touched the t-case. works fine. as far as buying a new set up, its all up to you. if you want one complete, new kit thats all there, go new, but if you want to save money and piece a kit together with what you have, that will work also, its all a matter or what kind of quality you want holding up your truck. personally, i would sell your parts on ebay, and use the extra money to help toward a new kit. make sure you get nice riding springs, i am in the process of finding what spring is going to be best for me on another tread at this site. i have superlift and it rides really bad. i hope this helps some. p.s. what kind of springs are you running now? thanks
plumberkrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:52 PM   #4
James670X

Again do not run blocks in the front!. Have you considered putting a custom lift on your truck? Carrier Spring Services Ltd. will make and re-arch leafs to just about any height you want.
James670X is offline   Reply With Quote