The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-01-2005, 07:59 AM   #1
gator2511

Want to trace my truck's history

Ever been curious about where your truck used to live or who owned it? I'd kinda like to trace my truck's history but don't know how to do it. Any ideas.
gator2511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 11:18 AM   #2
raggedjim

I traced mine back to the original owner (through 2 different states). I started out doing a title search in Kentucky where I bought the truck (it cost $5.00 and I had to fill out a form). What I got back was copies of all the backs of the titles with the names blacked out with magic marker (but I could still read the names!) The earliest dated one showed the truck coming out of Tennessee, so I did a title search in Tenn. I think it was $15.00 and I got back copies of all the backs of the titles with the names blacked out with magic marker again and I could read those too. So it worked out well for me.

Since you are in Florida I would start out at the Florida DMV ( maybe called BMV) website...

Good luck, Rg

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
'73 Firebird - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=853203
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
Sillyoldman

I was luck enough to have the protecto plate with the original owners name, address on it. I bought the truck fro its second owner.

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #4
TP from Cntl PA

We bought our '69 C-10 from the Original owner..........It went from stay in the garage(Sunday driver only), to daily drive to work truck, to finally a farm truck...............We bought it from him and it was our farm truck Now the frame is under my brother's '71 C-10 and I am going to use the cab, box, front clip, and engine in a 4x4 truck to use here around the place. The cab/box was actually shot when we bought it, it just had a good engine/chassis that we wanted. The old truck sure worked a hard 10 years for us though. It will make a good snow plow/farm truck again though

My brothers '71 C-10 was originally a K-10 that was a hodge podge of parts thrown on a spare frame by other owners years ago.........

My '69 3500 GMC was a township truck, it was sold to a person who lived in the township, and I bought it from him at a farm equipment consignment sale.

My '71 C-20 came from the second owner.........It was originally purchased to haul sand for the original owner who I assume had a small business of some sort. Why he bought a Cheyenne 20 to haul sand I have no idea, the second owner never understood it either. Had a 350 spec'ed out, but he didn't go for an auto or 4 spd, but instead took the base 3 spd.

A '69 C-10 parts truck we have has had more owners than even we probably know about.

All of my info came from previous owners..........

Inlines Rule! 6 soldiers standing is better than 8 laying down!!!!!!!!
TP from Cntl PA is offline   Reply With Quote