The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-16-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
a squarecan

Compressor and valve help!

Hey guys,

I will be baggin my new toy in the near future and I am starting to order parts for it now, so that I tear into it I can make quick progress and not have to wait for parts everytime I turn around. I already have my bags (2B7's up front and Fstone 224c's in back) I have a pair of SMC 3/8 valves and a 5 gallon tank. I am looking to run an 8 valve set up so I need to pick up some more valves my question is are the SMC valve I have a quality valve? I am not looking for super quick fill/dump so I am looking to run 3/8. I just wanna make sure if I am going to buy more I am getting quality valves.

My other question is what compressor are you guys using? I have heard so many different things I dont know which one I want to get. Like I said I am running a 5 gallon tank and I may eventually run 2 compressors to the 1 tank, but for now I am just going to run 1. I am not intrested in an EDC, but I was looking at the Viar 380, 400 or 450. I have most people are running 1 of the 3 and I am just curious what you guys think.

Any feedback will be greatly appriciated!
Keith
a squarecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 02:39 PM   #2
bagged_and_bodydrop
Just drag it

SMC are very good valves, I believe the only ones better than them are parkers. I had 2 Viair 450s in a 5 and it worked great. The more compressors the better 1 works fine but 3 works better.
bagged_and_bodydrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 03:44 PM   #3
orange72

i run 2 450s on a 12 gallon tank and it does really well. whatever compressor you get i would highly recommend getting one with a 100% duty cycle. you might be able to get away with something else if you dont like to play but if your hitting those switches enough those compressors are gonna run pretty frequently.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:42 PM   #4
a squarecan

Thanks for the replies guys!

So I have 2 votes for the 450, I am only going to start off with 1 which will work out great because I am only baggin the front at this time. I have all the stuff for the back, but I need to get a new welder before I tackle the back half. I think I am going to just cut the frame rails off behind the cab and build some custom rails from there back so it will be a little while before I get to the back. In the mean time I am going to bag the front, I do plan to play with my switches occasionally, most likely a lot at first though. So it sounds like in the long run I will be looking into 2 450's.

Once again thanks for the replies and I would appriciate anymore opinions any one may have!
Keith
a squarecan is offline   Reply With Quote