The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2002, 02:27 PM   #1
ARTEMIS

My truck was an original `69 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 with a Dana 60 rear axle with factory installed Detroit Locker. I was told its one of about 1000 made. I was putting a clutch in it last summer in front of my uncles garage and ended up learning a hard lesson in procrastination. Me and my cousin were almost finished and I decided we could wait till the next day. That night there was 70 to 100 mile an hour winds that blew a bunch of trees down and one of them happened to be a 65 foot cotton wood that landed in the middle of my cab. Now I am building a full out custom with it. I'm tearring it to the ground and putting a Dana 60 in front, 6" suspension lift, 3" body lift, I'm custom building massive bumpers, getting a fiberglass 67 hood with the brand new Trans Am Ram Air hood scoop, and painting it bright red (anyone got suggestions on the brightest red paint I can get?) with black gold metalflake flames. I'm doing it all myself. The powerplant I hope is going to be a 348 big block. The body style is a long box stepside.

[This message has been edited by ARTEMIS (edited April 17, 2002).]
ARTEMIS is offline   Reply With Quote