The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-16-2002, 11:18 PM   #1
Patch

Angry Blazer doorseals

Okay.....I just got done scraping the super adhesive off of my fingers.....that only took about 30 minutes.....just puting the door seal on the Blazer's driver side took forever....is there any way to make this job not sooooo sucky?! I know the proper way of puting adhesive on.....but with the two sides of the door seal so close together, how are you suppose to get glue on both sides...let it tack up, and not end up gluing the two sides together? I got the drivers side done...but what a pain in the a$$!!! Also....I'm missing one of the three anchor nuts that hold the top of the seal on.....how can I put one back in there? Weld a nut in there? I did find some rust on the windshield frame, but nother major....what a relief.
Anyway.....door seal replacement sucks....and I'm venting.
Thanks.....
Old 08-16-2002, 11:30 PM   #2
Zkast
Account Suspended

For the next time you do this. Weatherstrip adhesive works well if you lay a bead on your weatherstrip backing then push firmly onto the cab, pull the weathstrip back about 6 inches, apply, pull back 6 inches and apply. Do this 3 times and by the 4th time it will be so tacky, when you push firmly the 4th time it's not going anywhere. THe trick with pulling the strip back and applying actually dry's the adhesive and helps it setup faster.

Good luck with the rest of the job.
Zkast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 12:42 AM   #3
Wabash

i just did this to my blazer about 3 months ago and i damn near gave up it took like several hours to do this and what a pain in the ass.
im not going to do the rest of my seals till i take it in to get painted,and then the bodyshop can do it
Old 08-17-2002, 08:00 AM   #4
70 Jimmy
aka Crusher, Crushergmc

As for the nut... there is a "clip on" nut that you can get at NAPA or even the hardware stores. It's basically a piece of metal bent back 180 deg. with a nut on one leg (1/4-20 I think) and a matching hole on the other. You clip it to the edge of sheet metal and line it up with the existing hole in you windshield frame.
"It's funny till someone gets hurt, then it's freakin' hilarious"
70 Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote