The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-01-2005, 07:26 AM   #26
blaserman

My son lives in Benson and I can have him come by and pickup a truck since you have too many projects. Just kidding. That was one he__ of a steal on the blazer.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:34 PM   #27
Big Block
Big Block

Blazerman I haven't got much done except get the engine out. I started to clean under the hood today. We went to our beach place at Ocean Isle Thurs. and Fri. and went to Willington Fri evening to have dinner with my son and his girl freind, it was my birthday. I'm tring to get motivated again since I have pull 3 engines in the last three weeks. I still have to get the 350 out of the 79 Nova. I'll go take some pic of the Nova. A tree had fallen on the roof of the Nova. I bought it from a guy at work. The engine has been rebuilt recently. B.B.
Attached Images

Last edited by Big Block; 09-05-2005 at 05:14 PM.
Big Block is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 05:45 PM   #28
blaserman

Man thats tough. Who told the tree to fall there? I guess that was another project? Don't think that will get done.

Art
Old 09-13-2005, 12:33 AM   #29
Cmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976K5CHALET
Bigblock...i didn't know you had a chalet....

I have a 79 2wd K5 in my backyard that i pulled out of a field in delta co.
Problem is the tub is rotted...and no title. I have a 74 with a rust free tub and a detailed frame...i was going to put the 74 body on the 79 frame...and change the dash structure out but i need a clean 2wd title and vin plate.
Wouldn't happen to know where there's a trashed 73 to 82 2wd i can buy for cheap with a title? With this new oilfield job i sometimes get a week off in between holes so traveling to drag it home is no problem.

Been living in my chalet on site at the drill rig's quite a bit lately...but she sure is handy.

Doug W.
Doug, you may have a problem doing the older body on the newer frame.... in '78 the floor for the rear seat dropped for a step. but I know you can put a newer body on since I put an '87 tub on my '87 tub....
Cmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 04:14 AM   #30
1976K5CHALET

Hows it going mr. moe....long time man. Hows the valley treating you these days.

If things go funny with that swap i'll have to find a 87 up body and then convert to a full removeable top i guess. First problem is no title for the 79 2wd. But finding time is fun anymore since i'm out in the oilfields for weeks at a time. I'm currently a 100 miles or so north of rock springs wyoming in the jonah field doing mwd work.I'll have plenty of coin for the work but no time to do it....never fails. The wife and kids will be in peoria this weekend but i'm stuk here. Maybe someday when i have the time to trailer the 74 back to colorado we'll have to hook up. You moved to the valley and we never met....then i moved to colorado...lol.

DW
1976K5CHALET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:01 PM   #31
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Doug,
I have a 77 2wd with a 73 roof clip already in. With a title. cheap. Really cheap. It needs a new home. Oh, and it is rust free, too. Just too much of a project for me right now. I also have a 90 for parts, too.

Last edited by Jonboy; 09-18-2005 at 11:02 PM.
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:43 AM   #32
Cmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976K5CHALET
Hows it going mr. moe....long time man. Hows the valley treating you these days.

If things go funny with that swap i'll have to find a 87 up body and then convert to a full removeable top i guess. First problem is no title for the 79 2wd. But finding time is fun anymore since i'm out in the oilfields for weeks at a time. I'm currently a 100 miles or so north of rock springs wyoming in the jonah field doing mwd work.I'll have plenty of coin for the work but no time to do it....never fails. The wife and kids will be in peoria this weekend but i'm stuk here. Maybe someday when i have the time to trailer the 74 back to colorado we'll have to hook up. You moved to the valley and we never met....then i moved to colorado...lol.

DW
DW ,

Is the 79 in AZ? You should be able to do a boonded title for it and it shouldn't be that much of the age of the vehicle. I would check in AZ and CO. A good friend keeps wanting me to move up to Colorado Springs. But my daughter is at a great school. If you want I can call the DMV here and check with them about getting a bonded title. One of these days I hope to find a 2wd Blazer. But for now I have to deal with having a '78 K5 and I might have a new addition to the family by this weekend (a '75 K5)...
Cmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:30 PM   #33
1976K5CHALET

79 is in my backyard here in gj colorado. One of these days i need to start the process of doing something about the title issue. Right now the other 79 is torn down motor wise. I hope to swap heads and cam today if i'm lucky.

DW
1976K5CHALET is offline   Reply With Quote