The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-02-2002, 10:10 AM   #1
Jmac05
L.E.D. Tail lights, Baby!

I agree with MTDAVE2. Very dangerous... The guns would have been the least of your problems.
If interested, visit:
www.earlyclassic.com
or our website:
www.jmcled.com
All 67-72 GM Taillights are on sale untill 5 p.m. on Dec
15th, with Guaranteed Christmas delivery!

joel.mcwaters@jmcled.com
Jmac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 12:33 PM   #2
Maximum Overdrive
December 21, 2012

I think what you did was well within reason MTdave2. Big deal you made her and her boy cry. I say you showed patience and a alot of compassion by first not reporting it to the police nor making her pay for damage known and unknown to your truck. What I mean by unknown damage is one of my trucks was rearend and I thought nothing of it but upon closer inspection it straddled my frame and set it off kilter.
Old 10-02-2002, 01:42 PM   #3
72step

I would've done the same thing MTdave, except I would've probably called the cops. Hey, I bust my butt to make sure my insurance payment is payed every month! Why shouldn't everyone else? And if they do choose to drive without insurance, why don't they be the f@#! careful!!!? Pay no mind to Jmac05 there, wait till someone with no insurance burns him. Anytime I'm driving one of my classics it just pisses me off that it seems like everyone has to tailgate. What can I say, I admit I am a heartless one!
72step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 02:00 PM   #4
mtdave2
newly minted old timer

ya, you are right, i should have called the cops. and 9 times out of 10 i would have. i have no problems hammering someone for that.

will this lady see the errors of her ways? doubt it. but even if she did get ticketed she would have been giving all kinds of chances to get insurance. then she would drop it right after the court date.
%#$%#%#%#

this needs to change.. we are way to easy on these morons!

thats the big trouble we have with everything in this courty. eveyone gets away with all kinds of crap.. it should be black and white... you broke this rule,,, you get this punishment... period.
i dont care if you didnt have a dad and your mom was a crack whore.. there is a time when you have to take responsiblity for yourself and dont blaim everything on your past (or race).

Last edited by mtdave2; 10-02-2002 at 02:03 PM.
mtdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 04:14 PM   #5
ChopTop

NO Insurance!

You know it's awful, but I believe the stats on uninsured motorists in texas. I have known illegals and professional legal texans drive without insurance. It's a crock! I have been rearended and I have rearended, neither is a pleasant experience. But, I allway's have had insurance. Sometimes I wonder exactly what the DPS is doing about these things. They right tickets for no seat belts, and I see car's packed with illegals driving with no-seat belts! One time my wife rearended someone at a redlight, they pulled up to turn right, she pulled up, looked, and they backed up (slight incline), they had no insurance, so tough luck for them! Uninsured Motorists are criminals.

Hope I paid my premium last month.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:33 PM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Angry Pictures do the talking

I can't believe anybody who has insurance on there truck would say take it easy on someone who hit them without insurance.
I am stil having trouble with my back after being hit by a guy who didn't have insurance, and then he got out of the car and ran off on foot. I have no use for so called people like that. I have a 93 sub. that ant going to be worth the effort it's cost me to have it fixed once I get it back.
Here are some pictures.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:40 PM   #7
Andy4639
Old member

Angry Here is another

This guy hit my wife and me running about 60mph according to the person behind him. We were stoped at a red light. I guess I should have gotten out and offered him some money so he wouldn't take off on foot, then I could be out of even more money. I guess I should have thanked the guy for hitting me too.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 07:37 PM   #8
71-longbed
Its Magically Delicious

im glad your truck wasn't too damaged ...... these trucks will hold up awesome next to all the plastic and rubber cars on the road today.... i know i feel safe when i drive mine ....only thing i worry about sometimes is the gas tank behind me.... i hope she paid for that rattle can

Of all my favorite things to do, The utmost is to have a brew.
My love grows for my foamy friend, with each thirst-quenching elbow bend.
Beer so frosty, smooth, and cold it's paradise pure liquid gold.
Yes beer means many things to me that's all for now cus I gotta pee.
71-longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 09:06 PM   #9
LudwigTheMad

Quote:
This simple-minded liberal left-wing attitude of no one being responsible for their own actions is ruining this country!!
hey smitty62 being irresponsible has nothing to do with "left-wing" or "right-wing" it has to do with bieng irresponsible...

Leave the political comments on the politics board........

As for the REAL topic of this post....

Next time, call the cops...get her off the road, because now what you have is a irresponsible, uninsured motorest on the road with a damaged car......(you know she is going to keep driving like that) who knows what may fall off or if it will break down and cause another accident....

I'm a very easy going person and give most people the benifit of the doubt.....but have very little tolerance for stupidity......

Now I got screwed once for bieng nice......I mad a legal u-turn at a somewhat busy, un controled intersection....I was in a big truck (not one of ours) and had to slow down to make sure I wasn't going to hit the curb....well the guy turning behind me tried to beat traffic and followed me real close, so close in fact that when I slowed down (almost facing the other direction) his little nissan truck caught my tow hitch....pulled my truck (as the clutch was in) back into his......

My tow ball had caught by the front wheel well and ripped all the way to the back one....my bumper had finnally contacted behind the rear wheel well and caught the inside of his bumber, pulling it away from the back end of his truck...

Really screwed his tuck up.....had a high impact towing bumper on mine...no dammage (scrached chrome....)

he got out and we calmly discused what had happened......at that time it was determaned that he had followed me too close and was not my fault, as I had no real dammage, we went out seperate ways..

to shorten this story, he fixed his truck and then sued my insurance company, as I didn't take picture, I didn't have any proof (by the damage it was obvious what had happened) about a year latter my insurance settled for twice the dammage cost, and my rates went up for the next 3 years.........

btw his girlfriend's cousin turned out to be his laywer....she wasn't even in the truck (although she clamed to be)

I had divorsed my witness by this time, so two against one...they won.....

1972 Blue and White Suburban.
LudwigTheMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 09:52 PM   #10
EdB

Dave,

I have learned, the hard way, to get a police report and
as many wittness statements as possible. These type of
things can be turned around and bite you in the rear end
again.

EdB
EdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 10:48 PM   #11
mtdave2
newly minted old timer

very good points there guys, its been a really long time sence this happend. so i have thought about it alot. now i know i should have called the police. i let her have a break she didnt deserve.

its because of people like this lady that i pay so much for insurance here. south texas is the worst in the whole country for this type of crap. why cant people just do whats right... sigh. ill never understand.
mtdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 11:56 PM   #12
casey

she probably drove off laughing, looking for the next victim,giving her kid a choclate bar, saying good work,I wonder if she would of sued you if the tables had been turned. We all make mistakes, thats why you should carry insurance, so the person you hit isn't up s#it creek, what was her attitude toward her fellow driver, having no insurance, if you can afford to own a car and gas, you can afford to take a cab, hate to be a hard judge, but walking away from an altercation with a person like that who gets screwed, you do, One more thing while I ranting, what if see would of seriously hurt her kid? who would pay for that, isn't that majorly irresponsable, yes she need an a$$ chewing

Last edited by casey; 04-12-2003 at 12:56 AM.
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 06:11 AM   #13
Seke69
Space Cadet

WOW, I'm all mixed up on this one…

Part of me wants to say, who are you to be the person to "chew her ass"? Do you think that because you COULD have lost something in the event that you now have the right? NO WAY. You are correct in thinking that people should be held accountable for their actions, that uninsured drivers should be reprimanded or punished, but unless you are an officer of the law it is not your duty or place to do so. In addition, by "chewing her ass" you are exhibiting VERBALLY ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR in the presence of a child, which is a crime in some states. Not exactly healthy for a child to observe, but then again, his MOTHER IS A CRIMINAL.

Another part of me wants to say, "What you did was the only thing you could've". Calling the cops is futile at best because they (in MN) WILL NOT FILE A TRAFFIC COLLISION REPORT UNLESS THERE ARE INJURIES (or like 3000.00 damage, and hit and runs). I know this because my ol' lady was rear ended, called the cops, because the girl that hit her said she wasn't going to give out her insurance info. anyway cop shows up looks at the girls insurance card. Girl says she'd like to stay away from insurance company, my gf is okay with that. Cop says see ya.
That insurance card was expired. Never saw any of the money that was agreed upon and … the officer that responded, 'didn't remember any of it'… that's actually happened several times to my gf, but this latest one is actually insured, and had the integrity to report it to her insurance, it took some prodding though.

one part asks why can't people just pay attention to what they're doing? Be responsible for your actions. Have some integrity. I didn't get my license until I was about 20 years old, because I was afraid that I might hit someone's car and mess up something that was THEIRS while I had basically nothing. Maybe it should be a law that you have to have insurance to put a car on the road… oh wait it is… OOH IDEA SURGE. maybe the guys at DuPont or BASF could make a license plate paint, that EXPIRED (changed color after a period of time) so no-insurance paying bastards would stick out a little more than they do with the wrong 1" x 1.5" sticker. Or maybe a fuel-cut-out license plate. Or maybe the COPS could just pull people over for their tags more often… Maybe, insurance companies could seize plates when premiums weren't paid… maybe you'd need proof of insurance to buy gas… Anyway, something needs to be done.

the last part of me wants to just think about how some people just don't understand what it's like to actually like your own car in the condition that it's in. they don't seem to understand that "tapping a bumper" usually feels like someone smashed the hell out of your car and can be a very costly repair. If someone doesn't have the skills or time to repair, the cost is absurd. A new plastic bumper, paint, general prep and labor, can be $1000. All that could be wrong with it is a deep gouge to need that, which is easily done with a license plate at 15mph… why don't people understand this….?!

I've only had one accident (knock on wood)(been a passenger for MANY though), I wasn't even in the truck. I've honestly thought about calling the guy and THANKING him for being a good guy. He backed into my truck in a parking lot, did FAR more damage to his car than mine. He was SHAKING, but came in and found me, gave me his insur. info, apologized up down and backwards. He was totally shocked when I asked if he was okay, and told him it's alright, it was an accident. He left a message on my answering machine with a new phone number for his agent, and said that he "hoped everything would get fixed back to normal and good". I guess there are some decent people around.

Final thought?

Most people are assholes (myself included).

It sucks to hear about your truck getting scraped up, be glad that everyone's okay,

and that YOU DON'T HAVE A ROLL PAN!
Seke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 02:24 PM   #14
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

mtdave, I have to tell you that jmac may have missed the boat on this one.After all his halo is showing and I personally think you prolly did the right thing in the circumstances,but if jmac is so personally convinced that his religious veiw is right he may not have read the whole book.I say this because he evidently doesn't remember the part where you are supposed to follow the laws the leaders of your country have made.Under that assumption you should have turned her in as a lawbreaker. Additionally you should have done your civic duty and caused the authorities to determine her fate.
I have lived in Tx and agree the insurance law there is stupid and underinforced.They will cite you for no insurance and fine you heavily but if you are hit by an un/underinsured motorist the penalty is the same for them as if they were stopped for the same traffic violation.

Just my soapbox rant!!!
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 03:39 PM   #15
dtlilly
Account Suspended

I guess I'll through my halo in to the ring

I read all the posts, and considered all the viewpoints. One thing I noticed was that no one touched on the subject of her kid.

She is driving around without insurance. She was rolling the dice that she would not get in a wreck (her fault or some one elses). She seams to me an uncaring irresponsible parent. She rearends a longhorn, and could have seriously injured or killed her kid. What if, some other uninsured driver hit her and injured or killed her kid, and she has no coverage. The kid is the unwilling victum, and luckily was not injured...THIS TIME.

If she doesn't have any respect for anyones or her own well-being, she should at least care about her kids future. What example is she setting to her kid?
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 08:13 PM   #16
Maximum Overdrive
December 21, 2012

Quote:
Originally posted by LudwigTheMad

hey smitty62 being irresponsible has nothing to do with "left-wing" or "right-wing" it has to do with bieng irresponsible...

Leave the political comments on the politics board........

Easy now............... easy. He posted well before there was a political board.
Maximum Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote