The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #1
rustyg

Going in for Paint, couple questions

Been away from the board for awhile, hope everyone's doing well. Some of you may recall my cross country trip in the 72 Burb just over a year ago, I'm getting settled some what. Almost finished remodeling an old corn barn to work on some projects, remodeling an old farm house too. Hope to be in there by Christmas. Had a pretty mild winter here so I survived, actually enjoyed plowing and shoveling when we had some snow. Well, my next door neighbor owns a local body shop and we're doing some trade out work (I do construction work) Going to build him a concrete deck and some type of patio structure, and possibly the same for his brother. The burb goes in mid-May. Probably going to pull the body off, I really like the four headlights in the GMC grill, is this a bolt in mod or is there more to it. There is no a/c in there at all, I want to look at the Vintage Air, My question is do I still need a factory tunnel to pipe the air to the back or is there another way. Still undecided on color, leaning towards red, Any input on color/mods/tips/tricks are welcome. Some things I plan on doing are electric windows/door locks dyna mat in all doors and floor-pressurized cylinders for the lift hatch and a motorized tail gate, I want to press a button and have the hatch raise and the gate go down. The 383 runs pretty strong but needs some fine tuning, I'm bringing her over there tomorrow to a local mechanic (same guy used to wrench and tune on my Father in law's cars when he was growing up) Stan Grabel is his name. I would like to adjust my ride height with air bags, any input on this is also welcome. I would like to drop down on to my bump stops when parked for loading/unloading, and back up when I'm ready to go. I think this will allow me the height I want and still let me run through the local car wash. Thanks in advance for any help/comments.
72 GMC Burb 4x4
rustyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
smokekiki
Mike

Re: Going in for Paint, couple questions

For air in the back,The 72 had an overhead unit and an in dash unit.I would check into a rear ac unit from a newer sub or from a van.You could get one that has air and heat.The factory had T fittings in the lines to send the freon to the rear.Th GMC grill is a semi bolt in.You would need new fenders and core support.67-68 chevy and 67-72gmc fenders are the same.67 didn't have marker lights.The core support needs to have 4 headlight buckets.There used to be a thread in the FAQ section.
Lots of info on the suspension board about air ride.

Last edited by smokekiki; 04-09-2006 at 10:56 AM.
smokekiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 11:43 AM   #3
rustyg

Thanks Smoke, I really like the mirrors you fabbed. I'll have to buy you a beer sometime and talk Burb's.
72 GMC Burb 4x4
Old 04-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #4
72armyswbtruck

WTF is up with that sign
Old 04-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #5
Superron21
DONT TRY THIS AT HOME!

a classic case of the pennsylvania DOT needs to buy a vowel.......
Superron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 08:12 PM   #6
rustyg

The sign is is California.
72 GMC Burb 4x4