The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2005, 05:10 PM   #1
Nolowrider

Thumbs down Ups

What can brown do for me? How about getting my packages to me within a week of their delivery date. I ordered a set of pistons 2nd day delivery on the 4th and just got them today. I had to go get them on top of that. While I see 3 trucks setting at Subway my s**t is setting on the floor at the UPS store. I cornered one of the drivers and asked him about the delay, he is "I am just a driver", I told him "I am just a former customer". I ordered them 2nd day so I could get them to the machine shop before yesterday to have them mounted. The shop is closing today for a week. I suppose I can take them to the only other shop that has a rod heater, but I like this shop. If there are any UPS guys here, I don't mean to offend anyone in particular, I just need to vent. Fed-Ex from now onfor me.

Last edited by Nolowrider; 11-11-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Nolowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:34 AM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: Ups

I have had the same problems with UPS lately. drop of one package in the morning and one in the afternoon both shipped from the same company on the same day. They changed the way the load and deliver so it may be why they can't get it done.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #3
krue
Designated A-hole!

I've heard good things about DHL. Our company quit shipping with UPS, guess that's why.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:03 PM   #4
cst70rocket

I quit shipping my carbs with UPS due to total disrespect of other people's stuff. These overpaid samsonite gorillas tear more **** up than they take care of. There is no pride in their work. They claim to be overworked, but hell they make $20/plus/hr after a couple of years. DHL shipping is pretty good, but I prefer the good ol USPS these days.
cst70rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 03:26 PM   #5
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

I have a problem with UPS workers leaving foot prints on the box of a $4000.00 laser printer or Server. Never fails if its expensive they have foot prints all over it.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 04:35 PM   #6
a28doc
'87 V20 4x4

I hate it when they just decide to park in the middle of the street like they own the joint Ive almost gotten into accidents trying to go around a parked brown truck in the street
Doc
a28doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:16 PM   #7
Nolowrider

I actually have walked a few miles in their shoes, I used to work for them.
Nolowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:46 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

USPS stops in the middle of the street,as well as all other parcel delivery companies.I have never had a problem with UPS in all the years I`ve used them.I`ve recieved from others with no problems as well.USPS is reliable if it costs more than a stamp.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:32 AM   #9
stkcode

We've been avoiding using UPS for a long time. My dad, some twenty years ago, had a business selling refurb tape drives. He used UPS at the time, with insurance of course, as these tape drives sold for 10 to 30k a pop. On one delivery, at one of UPS's distribution centers, they ran over one of the tape drives with a fork lift. When my dad went to collect on the insurance, they said the drive was improperly packaged (yea right, what packaging would handle a fork-lift running over it ) and wouldn't cover the damages. Several other drives just disappeared. UPS had know idea what happened to them. He also had several billing problems with them. He switched to Fedex and the problems went to almost nill.

On a personal note, I had some train horns shipped through them a couple of years ago. They arrived a week late and where damaged. Looked like someone at UPS tried to play soccer with the box. The top section corner was crushed and the box had mars one the side that was crushed, like they dragged it on the ground, the whole way.

I was suppose to receive my headers this week, yep you guessed it, they where shipped via UPS (I didn't have a choice to not use them) and they still haven't arrived.

When I think of what brown can do for me, many brown things come to mind...I'll let your imagination run wild!
stkcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:12 AM   #10
67sss

Being in the logistics business my self, I can se some of you have vey valid points. Pakaging of parcels is really easy, right? A few thing to remember when you pakage some for movement, and yes it moves alot. I see people who strap, wrap,tape and whatever there shipments on pallets and call it good. Please keep in mind that our hiways are NOT the smoothest places in the world, that pallet described above bounes and bounces and bounces as it goes down the road, weakening the box, tape and wrap that supports the merchandise and then, we turn, it moves, something else moves and damage occurs. As far as running over things with a forklift, been there done that, not on purpose,those things happen. One more comment someone said is about parking in the middle of the road. Humor part of me says" God only gave me so many steps while I'm here, and don't want to use em up to quick". Making over 150 stops in a day, parking as close as possible would make sense, but sometimes it SAFER to park in the road or wherever, so we don't have to back up. Could keep going but I'm not going to. I love my job and look at it like this...they are paying me to drive around,find all these cool vehicles in hidden places while I deliver my freight and pakages. By the way, I don't work for UPS,jumping in and out of that truck 100-200 times a day isn't for me.
Thanks for the time!
67sss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:08 PM   #11
97silv5.7
MooMoo

Ive been lucky and havent had an issue yet
Support the Board! Or deal with me foo!
Its all fun and games till you find out shes 16.
97silv5.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:09 PM   #12
Joe67
67 is sold

I have never had any issues with UPS, FedEx or USPS

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote