The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
firemedicsafd

88 fuel and brake line clamps

Does anyone know where i can find a clamp set or a list of clamps to buy for the complete brake and fuel system on an 88 k5. i replaced all the fuel and brake lines on my project and i need clamps to hold them down...classic tubes clamps dont work because the holes for the clamps are too small and they are generic. id like to find a set that replaces ALL of the clamps and maybee labels or maps them out for me to do in my garage. In-line tube.com doesnt know their products enough to tell me if the 87 clamp set for the truck will work for the blazer. Thank you!
firemedicsafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:17 PM   #2
1976K5CHALET

Re: 88 fuel and brake line clamps

Well that is a tough one but...with a little work i'm sure it can be done though. Take a digital cam with you to a boneyard or someones driveway who you know and owns a 87-91 K5 and take pics of both rails so you know where everything goes and what type of clamp is used where. Then see if you can wrangle them at said junk yard...or if someone here on the board is parting something out with needed clamps. If you want to go even farther take the clamps to a plating shop to get the original silverish plating back on them so they look as good as your new lines...

I have a bucket somewhere filled with the 87-91 clamps as i converted both of my mid 70's K5's to tbi...and kinda used some of the oem lines from the late model K5's. Problem is they are in storage in some box. We sold our house earlier this year and just bought 5 acres of land so we are another 4 -5 month's out on being able to move back in to our own house and my new garage.

DW
1976K5CHALET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:34 PM   #3
firemedicsafd

Re: 88 fuel and brake line clamps

Thanks for the help....inlinetube.com has kits for my k5. you have to say its for the truck though...but it works....and i went to the local shady used car dealer and got some pics.... thanks for the help!!!
firemedicsafd is offline   Reply With Quote