The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2006, 12:38 AM   #17
wolfthing2000
Account Suspended

Re: Windshield tint???

Sounds like a few questions to screen the glass shops might be in order, like ; do you have experience with these years of trucks?????
When I got into tearing the rubber out of mine, I noticed like a caulk or sealer that was pretty dried up and hard on the outside of the glass in between the seal and out to the lip of the sheet metal. Kinda like it filled in the void where moisture could get by the rubber and maybe an attempt to seal out moisture from between the rubber and cab. I would assume that asking about this little added feature might be a clue to what quality of instalation I might be getting.
On the same subject , I was wondering what procedure is advised for this area of the cab. The sheet metal overlaps under the seal and mine has a fair degree of scaling rust at the lower corners ( of course) and rust in the seam. I hate the thought of cutting all of this metal out and have sprayed the cure all Gibbs deep into these seams and plan on treating with a Phosphouric Acid or Metal Ready , as POR 15 calls it, and then use a product called Rust Shield ( similar to the POR 15 at 1/2 the cost). I am hoping that this will do since the metal is very sound and solid., just rust on the surfaces but I am hoping to eliminate the future threat of a problem.

Any one else out there been where I am with this subject????
wolfthing2000 is offline   Reply With Quote