The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-09-2006, 12:44 AM   #1
Billhilly

Way Down South

Hey Guys,
Noob here, done the welcome area thing, posting some pics here to put a face to the name, kinda! My new work truck! '72 K2500 that came down here in November of that year. PO put vinyl on the roof and rotted the roof off (!!!) and ripped the origonal wood bed off and replaced it with a 1 1/2" bed that then rotted all the 'edges' off the bed sides. (Doh!) Solid frame, appears to be good running gear. 400SB, Dana 60 rear.
The plan is 'new' cab, doors, and fenders from Wes, 2" Tuff Country 1/2 ton springs with air bag assist, 33" tyres, Blackbirds rear discs, front and rear sway bars, PSC Variable ratio steering box, oh, and move the steering wheel over to the 'right' side. I'm in the take it apart/planning phase, and trying to get all the parts I need up to Washington to squeeze into my cab! As stated have been lurking for, well, just a long time. Now I actually own a truck I can come in from the cold!! Will try and keep you's up to date, and I might have the odd question or two (more odd than question!).
As it was when I purchased it (in late May) and as it was fifteen minutes ago..

Bill.
Attached Images

Billhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:57 AM   #2
Southedisto
River life......

Re: Way Down South

Nice truck, keep us posted on the updates.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #3
see ten
WTB this ad

Lurking a long time is an understatement! Looks like quite the project you got there. That top may be a dealer add on. Someone here on the board has some images of some sales literature that show it. Good luck!
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:13 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

That`s an impressive list of options there,mate.Glad to see you come in from out of the cold.Also,glad to see you dealing with these board vendors.Anything you need,just ask.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
Billhilly

Thanks for the good wishes.
Someone had gone to a lot of trouble to put that vinyl top on. I thought it had gone on later in life to hide the rust, but I think you are probably right. A dealer install from new makes more sense. Certainly finished off a highly restorable cab! Just weird how this truck has rusted. Factory installed rust in the cab, rust around the inner edges of the wood bed, but my fenders are badly rusted out on the top edges. Inner fenders and rad support are fine. Strange aye.
Bed is ready to come off and be sand blasted. Hood and fenders off. I'm going to compression test the motor and hopefully just leave it be for now. It's ment to have really low miles on it, but has sat for something like eight years. Getting all my bits ordered. Trying to get everything organised 'cause kinda a long way to the parts store.....
See Ten, your truck looks great. I'm going to replace my rear step bumper with one like your's. Do you have spacers or different back space rims on your truck? My rear diff is way narrower than the front end and the back wheels look way gimped under. I'd like to do something to even in up a bit.

Pics of rusty fenders.
Attached Images

Billhilly is offline   Reply With Quote