The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2006, 10:12 AM   #1
beaterC10

Re: Funding a project

You can get anything hauled off around here if you have a title and you leave the steering gear intact. The state pays the haulers $100 or thereabouts for the title of each vehicle that is junked, that seems the big reason for having a title. The haulers rarely verify that the VIN and the title match.

Not having a title means you have to break out the sawzall or torch. No title is required to sell a cut-up truck for scrap. I have scrapped several trucks with no questions after cutting them up, even when it was obvious that the scrap was all from the same truck. With the engine and trans removed and the interior and glass gutted, you can have a truck in maneageable pieces in a couple hours.

The most important assets as a landlord are thick skin, the ability to say no, and a sense of humor. Thermostats get knocked off walls, plumbing plugged with strange latex things, and carpet ruined and the tennants will have no earthly idea how it happens. Something about the house that is not an issue when they move in will become a life or death situation six months later.

I have three houses and I keep my sanity by viewing the entire process as a game. When the tennant complains the heat doesn't work and I find the thermostat dangling from the wall I like to go ahead and ask the obvious question. I rarely hear the truth but the stories are priceless

Last edited by beaterC10; 09-12-2006 at 10:13 AM.
beaterC10 is offline   Reply With Quote