The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2007, 01:51 AM   #7
Rokcrln

Re: shoddy bodywork rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Fleet View Post
Kevin, I even showed him your thread and how you did it, but he did not do it on the truck as my truck is inoperable sitting in my garage. If you look at your pics, mine curled up right behind the wiper holes, all the way across from each one. (those were shaved also)
Try bending it back down more than it needs and then put it back on the truck for a test fit. It took me about an hour of "adjusting" to get this one to fit like it does after the welding was done on the truck. Don't give up on it yet. No don't take this the wronge way but you said you showed him my post so you were awair of the need to have it on the truck for good results but you did not get him the truck to do it on I know the truck was not movable but you still went thru with it. Give it a try by bending it very slightly but be carefull not to force it or it will kink. Good luck.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote