The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-02-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
jcfoote60

Blazer body mount replacement

Guys, I remember a really good thread on Blazer body mount replacement and now that I am to that stage I need to find it, not sure where it went and all of my searching has not turned up what I remember. Can someone point me to it? If not how about some advice, as I remember it was recommended that the top should be on and to remember to replace the shims EXACTLY where the old mount locations had them and to do one side at a time....

It's been a long week and maybe I am just tired but I can't find that thread. Any assistance would be appreciated

Jim
jcfoote60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
1969k10stepside

Re: Blazer body mount replacement

this one?
1969k10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
jcfoote60

No it was Blazer specific and talked about the fact that they are truly a convertible so care must be taken to make sure everything stayed in alignment...as I recall
Old 03-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #4
70gmcjimmy
GMCDAC

JCFoote, I'm gonna TTT one from last summer since I'm a duma$$ on how to attach a thread. Can do pics fine, cant do the threads----. Hopefully its the right one as I actually am at this phase too and all the stuff then was guessing. Just look for "Got Body Mounts?"

Later DAC

Rest In Peace Mom. "Dolly" 7/15/23 - 5/18/09
GMC driver for 30 years!

70gmcjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
jcfoote60

that's the thread!! Thanks a lot, this is what makes this forum so cool!! I have my floorpans done and have my rockers scewed in with self tappers but have not welded them yet. My doors are hung and gaps look great...now I happen to notice my mounts.....so much for adjusting the doors and now I am hesitant to weld my rockers in before changing the mounts! But the work need to be done. I am worried about the flex in my floor with the rockers not welded, do you think I should put the top on prior to trying to lift it?

Jim
Old 03-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #6
jaros44sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfoote60 View Post
that's the thread!! Thanks a lot, this is what makes this forum so cool!! I have my floorpans done and have my rockers scewed in with self tappers but have not welded them yet. My doors are hung and gaps look great...now I happen to notice my mounts.....so much for adjusting the doors and now I am hesitant to weld my rockers in before changing the mounts! But the work need to be done. I am worried about the flex in my floor with the rockers not welded, do you think I should put the top on prior to trying to lift it?

Jim
I am about where you are, put more self tappers in if you are uncomfortable with strenght, I think they are as strong as spot welds. Mine are every 3/4". I've stood on my rocker panel with out any flex. I haven't done any welding yet, floorboards are all zip screwed in.

If you are running it with a hardtop then mount it up and do your body mounts, you don't have to lift it that high. J

Actually, this is the best time to do your mounts, as the rocker line to door is the only thing that can screw you up. Since you your not attached at that area you can still move it around after you get yor mounts done. jmho

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 03-03-2007 at 01:16 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote