The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

Needa Vent, someone tried to steal my CST/10

WTF?!?!

Ive made it a damn good habit to slam my door shut, and make sure their locked before I go inside after workin on it. Even though it has no engine, and the radio is half-worthless tapedeck... its a good habit.

So Friday I finish up fitting the door panel backings, and shopvac the floor of it, because its still dirty from sitting for months before I bought it. (probly a good thing) The steering wheel is under the seat because we took it off to get at the blinker lever mechanics, and to see if we could get a latemodel wheel to fit up because my stock one is wasted.

Saturday im out with my dad, replacing the wasted remains of my rear brake pads of my Mt Bike. I glance over to my CST/10 in the driveway, and notice something a bit odd about it... the drivers door is on the 2nd latch. Like when you dont shut your door enough, it gets that latch?

Again, I make damn sure the doors are shut and locked. And my door, unlocked and barely latched, I couldnt believe it man. So I look in to see if my uber high-tech tape deck is stolen, or anything (lol). All is good... I guess if you break into a truck and see the steering wheel is gone, its not worth stealing

Sucks that before my truck even has an engine, that its allready had an attempt... Cant wait to get that Cadi alarm on it when all the work is done.

So yes, venting done...

Last edited by texanidiot25; 03-19-2007 at 11:10 PM.
texanidiot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
RACINJASON22
GEARHEAD

Re: Needa Vent, I think someone tried to steal my CST/10

Venting is a good thing IMO. I just had some of my new parts stolen and I'm jacked to the Max Brand new 4-core rad set of valve covers and the one that really has me jacked is balancer for 391 stroker (balanced along with the rest of the bottom end) all new and out of the garage no less. Could have lost more I'm thinking someone knew what was there which makes it worse I probably think they are a freind. sorry to hi-jack but they kinda go together. RJ22

SUBSCRIBE HEREBOARD VENDORS HERE

NORWOOD MEET SURVIVOR!
RACINJASON22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:08 PM   #3
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

Yeh, fools...

Man, if it happens again, Im pushing it to the side yard beside our garage, and a gate closes it in. I dont care if it sinks in the mud, atleast it wont be seen

Last edited by texanidiot25; 03-19-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:31 AM   #4
Chevyholic
Will it run today?

It is unfortunate that society won't let you have anything nice anymore. Apparently, it is much easier to lay on your a$$ and then steal what you want than actually work for it. I always wonder how satisfying something is if you didn't put any of your own sweat into it. There must be some sort of "misfit" pride when you steal something, like you got one over on "the man", or something. Sad.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
weasle

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanidiot25 View Post
Yeh, fools...

Man, if it happens again,
Is there any reason why you can't do it now? I wouldn't give them a second chance.
weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
fosheec

Just last week I had some spring break hoodlum smash in my driver's side window. They didn't even unlock and open the door to notice that the truck doesn't even have a radio.

$50 down the tubes for new glass. Two hours of cursing at GM engineers and their dumb door assemblies.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #7
1fun71

The doors on my 71 haven't been locked for around 3-4 years if only the theives knew you could start it with a flat blade screw driver! Anyone know why they won't lock BTW?? LOL!!
1fun71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #8
71C-10DAD

you have to use the key.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #9
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71C-10DAD View Post
you have to use the key.
Thank yooooou capt. Obvious, I know these unlock if you lock it and shut it.

Quote:
Is there any reason why you can't do it now? I wouldn't give them a second chance.
Well, given that I dont have a steering wheel on, engine, or trans, I doubt the original guy is coming back... its kinda hard to steal a 2 and a half ton brick. But its tons easier to keep it in the driveway, instead of pushing it out every time to work on it, its tight in that side yard. its a safe neighborhood, and a cop is next door, so I doubt it will happen again. I dunno, thankfully my dad and I have a few ideas for hidden kill switches for when it does have an engine in.

And there is another 67-72 chevy truck a few streets away. Its a kinda light blue and white two-tone if I remember right. Stock two-tone.

Last edited by texanidiot25; 03-20-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:13 PM   #10
SacramentoJoe
Always Fixing Things

I think is great that you remind the good people like us that there are bad people out there that would rather take than get their own. And they will spend a great deal of effort on it, too. Keep your eyes and ears open because they will probably be looking at you again.
SacramentoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #11
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacramentoJoe View Post
I think is great that you remind the good people like us that there are bad people out there that would rather take than get their own. And they will spend a great deal of effort on it, too. Keep your eyes and ears open because they will probably be looking at you again.
Indeed, and Id hate to be one of those guys who never see their trucks again. But they can keep an eye on it all they want... its gonna be a looong while before its running. Ive gotta pay for all the parts myself, my parents only helped pay for the truck. So yes, 16, Im not exactly rollin in cash. On-to mowing lawns...

Though, is it possible on these trucks to relocate the lock tab, from the top of the door, to some where on the door panel. My dad did this to his '76 El Camino when he had it. He moved the tab from the top of the door, and it slide forwards and backwards, sticking from the side of the arm rest. So that it couldnt be easily slim-jimmed.