The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2002, 08:20 AM   #1
nroden

Post YearOne

Anyone have any complaints about YearOne? Good quality? Customer service? Just thinkin about ordering from them since they have 20% off.

------------------
Nick Rodenberg
Wellington, MO
http://nickrod.port5.com
You can click on "My 72 Chevy Truck"
I have a 72 Cheyenne 10 with a V8 350 and a TH-350 auto-tranny.
Ochre/White/Ochre
Runs well... working on body.
Plan to get painted weekend before memorial day weekend.
Planned to be done March 7 when I turned 16. Didn't happen. Chose to do better job and be behind schedule instead of 1/2 doing it and it looking like junk.

Retired and in the dry... still runs. I now drive Red '01 Ford Focus... better MPG!!!
nroden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 08:28 AM   #2
Desert Rat

Id stick with a board vendor,support the smaller guy who has knowledge and not a sales rep who doesnt know a headlight bezel from a bumper.Im always for helping the small guy and not the big buisnesses,but sometimes the big places can offer cheaper because they buy in larger quantities,but when it comes time for some advice on the product,who you gonna call and ask?a board vendor,or on the board.Ive also ordered from the big guys once in a while,and they dont even say on the phone its been on backorder,then i get my package and its missing something,I call and oh it should be within a month,its like i knew i shoulda ordered from someone else.I also like to order from someone who owns the same vehicle.Ive dealt with Wes a couple times,CPNE,and ordered some stuff online from GMCPaul,why you need anyone else?They can tell you if the part fits.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 06:00 PM   #3
Vince M

Never ordered from them (prices kinda high) but the catalog is nice. Year One has been in the restoration business for a long time. I remember them back in the eighties and they are still around today. They recently got into the truck market but have been in to other brands and chevy cars for years...

------------------
Orlando,FL
72 Chevy 4x4 3/4T CustomCamper w/SB 406

Old 05-05-2002, 01:50 AM   #4
nroden

I know about once a month they always send out a discount postcard and this time it is 20% but I got to doing some figuring and even with that 20% off they are pretty close to GMCPauls price. I am gonna have to do some closer figuring but GMCPauls just might still be cheaper!
I do know they have been into Chevy cars for years and the car guys seem to like them.

------------------
Nick Rodenberg
Wellington, MO
Ochre/White/Ochre
Planned to be done March 7 when I turned 16. Didn't happen. Chose to do better job and be behind schedule instead of 1/2 doing it and it looking like junk.

Retired and in the dry... still runs. I now drive Red '01 Ford Focus... better MPG!!!
Old 05-05-2002, 06:34 PM   #5
Vince M

Try Chevy Duty..their prices are resonable.
I have found them cheaper in most stuff.

------------------
Orlando,FL

Old 05-05-2002, 07:47 PM   #6
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Undertaker, if you are not just another board member in cognito, (look at his profile) then I'd say stick around and see how many ppl get burned from some of the places out there.
I have only purchased from one place, and out of the 7 or 8 items I ordered, they got one right. And it was just a stupid hat.
Paul, Wes, King parts,...they all have an awsome reputation. Once I stop shopping second hand stuff...they will be the first to get my call.
Not trying to say all the off line vewndors are bad. I'm sure Year one has good stuff. They have a nice catalog that has alot of effort into it. But when I can get the same product from the same manufacturer for les, I'm goin to the guy who sells it for less.
Besides, Year One and the others will not go out of there way to answer a question or find you a used part when the item you requested is not made or out of stock.

------------------
'69 G.M.C. 350/350. Trying to clean up the left over damage from the Dope-Smokin-Old-Man
I've been dubbed the Longhorn Freak/Fanatic/Expert, I just hope I can live up to it.
FINALLY got the HORNIAC...a '70 one ton Longhorn with a Pontiac 350/350 and lots of 'personality'. Check out The Longhorn Webite.
If you need a pic posted, E-mail me at longhornmail@yahoo.com
Andy, in Columbus Ohio

Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 07:47 PM   #7
72shadetree
KEEP ON TRUCKING

the one that owns the board.IS NOT A NEW PARTS VENDOR unless he just started.

------------------
72 chevy lwb 2wd rear leaf truck.long term frame off project.
72 cheyenne 2wd lwb 355 cu. in. auto.daily driver and fixer up.
90 fullsize bronco 351w/at.(no lift yet)
97 lumina v6 auto(wifes)
70 galaxie 351w auto
2000 kentworth 525cat twin turbo 13 spd 330rears.moneymaker
bassett va about12 miles from martinsville speedway

#3 RACING IN HEAVEN #3

71 k20 sons

bassett va
72shadetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 08:04 PM   #8
Longhorn Man

I didn't even catch that part there shade.

------------------
'69 G.M.C. 350/350. Trying to clean up the left over damage from the Dope-Smokin-Old-Man
I've been dubbed the Longhorn Freak/Fanatic/Expert, I just hope I can live up to it.
FINALLY got the HORNIAC...a '70 one ton Longhorn with a Pontiac 350/350 and lots of 'personality'. Check out The Longhorn Webite.
Andy, in Columbus Ohio

Old 05-05-2002, 08:12 PM   #9
72shadetree
KEEP ON TRUCKING

i also dont see yearone on the board helping with a problem like wes or paul will.i have a guy 1/2 mile from me thats got everything in stock for our trucks and other old chevys.but he is not familiar with alot of it and i can pay shipping from paul/wes/david and still save money.what they sell they use on there own trucks.if you want to use yearone or who ever we want get mad just dont put us down for using who we want.i see your a new member and welcome aboard stick around and you will see why theyre recommened.WELCOME ABOARD...

------------------
72 chevy lwb 2wd rear leaf truck.long term frame off project.
72 cheyenne 2wd lwb 355 cu. in. auto.daily driver and fixer up.
90 fullsize bronco 351w/at.(no lift yet)
97 lumina v6 auto(wifes)
70 galaxie 351w auto
2000 kentworth 525cat twin turbo 13 spd 330rears.moneymaker
bassett va about12 miles from martinsville speedway

#3 RACING IN HEAVEN #3

71 k20 sons

bassett va
72shadetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 08:16 PM   #10
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I've been to year one.I guess they probably have good quality parts but I couldn't tell by looking around the showroom.I have seen Kingparts stock.It's out on display wherever he chooses to vend.I have never been to a show or swapmeet where year one had a booth so I don't know. I do know that the vendors on this BB usually give great deals to the members.The customer support is great,too.I have even seen some of the board vendors give customer service on stuff they did not sell.
Undertaker, it is obvious to the regular BB members that you are just stirring up crap because we all know and respect the vendors on this BB from personal experience.Please don't come on here dissing people we know and trust.

------------------
Deland does Chevys 68Chevy panel(LIZ)
"A man and his truck,it's a beautiful thing"
"I have the body of a god,unfortunately it's Budda"

Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 09:20 PM   #11
Longhorn Man

Shade, he's been here for 2 years. He isn't a new member, just either never posts, or it's an alias for a member who doesn't want to drag his own screen name through the mud.
I'll bet one of the moderators could find his IP (internet Provider) address and see who it really is.

------------------
Andy, in Columbus Ohio

Old 05-05-2002, 09:23 PM   #12
truckgoddess

Try me at Pro Trucks!
Old 05-05-2002, 09:26 PM   #13
Longhorn Man

Truck Goddes, your a new vendor? you do only new, or you do used stuff too?
Details?

------------------
Andy, in Columbus Ohio

Old 05-05-2002, 11:46 PM   #14
nroden

Just wondering. You see I have gotten most of my stuff so far from GMCPauls because he has had the cheapest prices. But if Year One is a whole lot cheaper I will go with them. I have to get a few more prices from them.

------------------
Nick Rodenberg
Wellington, MO
Ochre/White/Ochre

Old 05-06-2002, 06:48 AM   #15
nroden

I am not going order from YearOne and instead use GMCPauls as normal. I called them to check on a few items not in their catalog and they didn't have them... how could they not have a Grill Bowtie and be selling 67-72 parts. Then the southern woman I talked to on the phone wasn't knowledgable about the truck and seemed not very excited at all.... even though I did call her at 5AM when they open. I have a feeling they aren't big on the trucks.... mostly on the sports cars. Also when I figured with 20% off it would of been cheaper a little bit not enough to make it worth looseing customer service and them not having all the items I wanted so I'd of had to get them from Paul anyhow.
GMCPAULS wins my business once again!!!!

------------------
Nick Rodenberg
Wellington, MO
Ochre/White/Ochre

Old 05-06-2002, 09:16 AM   #16
slam33

I have ordered from them before, there pretty good. There the only ones that have a complete interior where all the colors match. I found that if your doing your interior and you buy from differant outfits, you get slight color differances.

------------------
71 basic C-10 350. The only option is the rust.No nothing on it, but thats all about to change. <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stevemau/slam33page.html?1004806705410

" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/stevemau/slam33page.html?1004806705410

</A>

" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/stevemau/slam33page.html?1004806705410

</A>
slam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 10:39 AM   #17
Longhorn Man

Slam33, as much as we bash them on here, LMC has complete kits.
Also remember, right off the show room floor there was some slightly off colors within one trucks cab. The dash bad would not match the door panels 100%.

------------------
Andy, in Columbus Ohio

Old 05-06-2002, 02:42 PM   #18
nroden

I do believe that GMCPauls sells the interior kits and they are cheaper than LMC or Year One.

------------------
Nick Rodenberg
Wellington, MO
Ochre/White/Ochre

Old 05-06-2002, 08:07 PM   #19
Vince M

Did someone delete something here....?

------------------
Orlando,FL

Old 05-06-2002, 08:30 PM   #20
Longhorn Man

Vince...yes, some one by the name of undertaker...I think a reg who remains to stay annominous. (is that how you spell it?)
He/she was saying that we should not just buy from one who runs the board (josh don't sell stuff) and try another company...year one.

------------------
My name is Andy...not Randy...I'm in Ohio...Not Illinois...close enough?
Columbus Ohio

Old 05-06-2002, 08:32 PM   #21
nroden

Yes. There was someone who said up above that we don't have to buy from the person who owns the board. Josh owns the board and doesn't sell parts (maybe used of of his truck.. but not as a business) Whoever had said that said that they are useing the board to convince us to buy their stuff.. which isnt true. This person has no clue. I think that the poster looked back and saw that he was wrong, was embaressed and deleted.
I am one who is big on supporting the little guy.. who gives go service. I think GMCPaul is the best choice out there. THE ONLY REASON I WAS CONSIDERING YEAR ONE was that they had 20% off and then they didn't have all that I needed and it also (even with 20% off) wasn't cheaper than Pauls. So GMCPauls once again gets my business.

------------------
Nick Rodenberg
Wellington, MO
Ochre/White/Ochre

Old 05-07-2002, 02:49 PM   #22
MikeB

Brother's, Kenny's, Early Classic. All they do is Chevy Trucks. For some of these other places, like Impala Bob's and Year One, trucks are a sideline. For a catalog with great "exploded" views of parts assemblies, try LMC Truck. They are competitive on some things, very high on others, but you can't beat their catalog. Stick with Early Classic for high quality suspension and brake parts.

------------------
MikeB
69 C-10 Fleetside, mild 383, Dart Iron Eagle heads, Crane Energizer 266 cam and 1.6 roller rockers, Edelbrock Performer manifold and 600cfm carb, HEI w/ MSD components, 1986 front spindles/disc brakes, Vintage Air in-dash.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 24 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 04:20 PM   #23
nroden

I guess everyplace has their little "niche" I think they all send you the stuff eventually. I have heard that Golden State is even worse than LMC. I dunno though.

------------------
Nick Rodenberg
Wellington, MO
Ochre/White/Ochre

Old 05-07-2002, 04:23 PM   #24
nroden

Who is this Pro Trucks and do they have a website??

------------------
Nick Rodenberg
Wellington, MO
Ochre/White/Ochre

Old 05-07-2002, 07:50 PM   #25
Vince M

I have never heard of them until this thread. Maybe they could leave a number or web site address.

------------------
Orlando,FL