The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2007, 11:34 PM   #1
72CSTC5
Account Suspended

Angry Have to vent!!!!!!!

Lost the deal of the century for me tonigt. Member "Randomhero472" was dropping off his truck tonight after a long trip from Oklahoma and we were searching for a seat for his truck on line on Houston Craigslist and wouldn't you know I see an ad for two short fleet bedsides for 150 for the pair and then scrolled down and saw a rolling chassis with 67 cab on it for sale too for 175.00. So I shoot him an email telling him I would take them both and they were on the way home from work from me. Luke and I could not believe the luck. We wrapped up our talks on his truck and I call the guy to tell him I am on my way. He posted the ad at 6:06 pm. I emailed him at 6:30 pm and I called him at 7:00 to get directions, HE SAID THEY WERE SOLD!!!!!!! I said yes I am the guy that emailed you and need directions, he said, no they are already gone. A guy had already came buy to pick them up. He said they were in awesome shape!!!!!!!!!!!!
72CSTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:38 PM   #2
RACINJASON22
GEARHEAD

Re: Have to vent!!!!!!!

I hate that! Vent away! Thats my kinda luck too.

SUBSCRIBE HEREBOARD VENDORS HERE

NORWOOD MEET SURVIVOR!
RACINJASON22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:40 PM   #3
GREASEMONKEY72

story of my life

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:44 PM   #4
72CSTC5
Account Suspended

I think I am still really sick over this. It has been bothering me all night. Does he not understand the "code" of the boards and emails? When I said I will take it, it meant I was going to buy it. He probably would have been hung on here for skipping over a buyer like that or worst on ebay!!!!!!!!!
72CSTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:48 PM   #5
GREASEMONKEY72

sounds like hes the type that would do what he did but then turn around and whine till the cows come home if the same thing happened to him

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
Old 04-17-2007, 11:56 PM   #6
RACINJASON22
GEARHEAD

Not a car or truck part but I had the same thing happen to me before and I drove an hour to get the stuff. BTW kitchen cabinets for my moms house I called and said is there anyone else looking at them answer was NO. I said I WILL TAKE THEM is it ok if I pic them up tommarow morning answer YES got directions and all went there did I mention an hour drive! Got there at 9:00 am next morning he said a guy just bought them. I almost went to jail that day. It was all I could do nto not cause bodily harm but, I restained my self. His drive way and the road in front of his house did not fare as well as he did. Lots of rubber and I hope he choked and coughed on the smoke after I left. so like I said VENT AWAY. It makes you feel better but not good. I'm mad just thinking about that day. RJ22

SUBSCRIBE HEREBOARD VENDORS HERE

NORWOOD MEET SURVIVOR!

Last edited by RACINJASON22; 04-17-2007 at 11:57 PM.
RACINJASON22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:06 AM   #7
O'l Buck
Recovering Truck Driver

not a truck, but a Harley Davidson....74 superglide to be exact, a guy advertised it on a radio classified show here a couple of years ago, great price, $3500. I called the guy and told him I'd take it, went and talked to the banker, he said stop by after I pick it up so he can ride it around the parking lot. I called the guy the next morning to let him know I was on my way, turns out, he was trying to liquidate all of his toys because he was about to get divorced and the Sheriff showed up about an hour after i talked to him and red tagged everything......damn the bad luck!!

Chad
South Central Nebraska
O'l Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:09 AM   #8
Stano

My dad and I drove for two hours to get a truck that was bought over the phone, not to mention the PITA trailer lights that decided not to work. Got to the guys house and low and behold there were two other trucks and trailers sitting there and the truck was on one of them. Second guy was about to kick some serious a$$ when we rolled up. After we let the pos know what we thought of his business practices he was about to crawl in a hole. He had not planned on all three people showing up to get the truck that he "sold" it to via telephone at the same time. He said he had told everyone it was first come first serve. He didn't. I think he had to throw his britches away after that scenerio. After the smoke cleared I was still furious. That feller was lucky he was still standin when everyone left.

Nice ride 67 Chevy C-10 LWB Built 350 TH-400

Wifes ride and family rig:
2001 Furd Expedition 5.4 Liter
Kickin back in Rolla,Mo. USA

"Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain" Mark Twain
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:26 AM   #9
GREASEMONKEY72

ive had a few things like that happen to me and to family and friends, i see and hear about it all the time, but none of them were as serious as your guys, but i know if something does happen that bad im not sure id be able to keep my composer as well, i just HATE stupid people and hipercrites

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
Old 04-18-2007, 12:52 AM   #10
tavenner13

sumbeach, somewhere...
tavenner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:07 AM   #11
Bob Moore

HOSED HERE ON THE BOARD. Said I'll take it if right application. Seller responded and gave me 4 minutes to answer in the middle of the day. I had had a chemo treatment and was wiped out. Needless to say I did not respond in the alloted 4 minutes and it was sold to the next in line. I had already told him his price was below my discounted cost and that it was a smokin' bargain. I have moved on and will not deal the #*%?" ever again!

Rant and Vent complete - Bob
more to follow
Bob Moore is offline   Reply With Quote