The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
SacramentoJoe
Always Fixing Things

Re: how far upside down am I ?

I can really relate to your truck. I have my dad's truck that he bought new in 1968. My older brother and two older sisters learned to drive it too. But with all the awsome build threads, I really appreciate these types of trucks. I pulled up next to a beautiful red shortbed this weekend, had the factory air and a big block and a cam that was shaking the pavement. I could barely hear him talk. My little three on the tree and I grinned when he pulled away and he was about a 1/4 mile down the road before I let my clutch out. He probably didn't even hit two grand on the tach.

Speaking of a clutch, I finally tracked down my squeak. I always thought it was the spring. It was coming up from the bottom pushrod into the upper pushrod inside the engine bay.

With no more rattle in the windows and no more squeaky clutch I don't know how to act.

I would also like to get mine appraised, as I have no idea what it would sell for. I have about $2,700 into restoration.

Nice picture there, too!

Last edited by SacramentoJoe; 06-13-2007 at 12:41 PM.
SacramentoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Arrow Re: how far upside down am I ?

thank's to everyone that replied , I just am happy to think I could get my money back (DON'T WANT IT BACK) but I could , now keep in mind the outside of my truck's look's pretty good but I painted it in an open shed it ain't perfect !! it has a few bug's that got stuck in the clear and the interior isn't done yet either ,,,,,, I think I am a happy camper and I really enjoy my truck I drive it most evening's after work run erand's in it and drive it every weekend ,,that's what I built it for ,,, thank's again
the best 67 on here is johnfabris blue 67 cst it is what all the rest should be compared too that thing is NICE !!!!!
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
John Fabris
TOTY 2006

Re: how far upside down am I ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19673ontree View Post
thank's to everyone that replied , I just am happy to think I could get my money back (DON'T WANT IT BACK) but I could , now keep in mind the outside of my truck's look's pretty good but I painted it in an open shed it ain't perfect !! it has a few bug's that got stuck in the clear and the interior isn't done yet either ,,,,,, I think I am a happy camper and I really enjoy my truck I drive it most evening's after work run erand's in it and drive it every weekend ,,that's what I built it for ,,, thank's again
the best 67 on here is johnfabris blue 67 cst it is what all the rest should be compared too that thing is NICE !!!!!

Wow! thanks!!!!