The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
Rokcrln

LFD Inc. update

Hey everyone it has been a few weeks since I have been around and almost two months since I have posted any project work. I have recieved several E-mails and calls to see how things are going so I thought I would post whats new to fill everyone in.

First off it was about 6-8 weeks ago that I lost my 220V power in my shop due to 1915 wiring and that is almost fixed for good now. My house was built about 1880 and the shop was built in 1915 +- and the shops wiring has not been up graded since The power comes from a 60amp knob and tube set up that right now has my shops power running thru bare wires across the driveway and somewere between the house and the switch gear in the shop I had a melt down of one 110v leg. So the fix has been in the works for almost 2yrs now but I finaly have everything ready to go.

I am installing a 400amp residential (366amp) service with 200amps to a main panel in the basement of the house and another 200amp main panel just for the shop and tools The old system was all above ground, pole to the house, house to the shop. Now it will be pole to the side of the shop were themain feeder panel will be, then thru the shop wall to the main panel for the shop. Then out of the main feeder panel under ground to the main panel in the basement. My welders should sing now with good clean power!

I am also in need of installing central heat and air in my house because my wife is due to give birth to our son Taylor this Saturday the good Lord willing and so for both of them the A/C is the number one job. But with a 60amp system it just won't happen so as soon as my 400amp panel is hooked up I will be having a/c installed.

But in the mean time I have keeped busy for 14 days doing a full kitchen remodle for my wife while she was at her parents with a/c! She had no idea untill she came home last friday We even now have a dishwasher for all those bottles that will be starting soon. Not too bad for 14 days myself with my dad helping out for 3 days. I have a few trim items left but it is 99% and fully working as long as you are not doing dish's and turn on ht enew microwave

Now out in the shop is a 2wd Blazer waiting its turn for alot or body panel replacement, rust work and then a custom top being grafted off a nice clean donor truck cab. I hope to get this started in the next few weeks and it will be LFD's next detailed build for all to watch.

I also thru in a few shots of some other project around the shop. They are all mine except the new 07 trailblazer SS. That is the wifes new mini van (395hp LS2 vette V8)

The 4x4 buggy is a long turm project I started a few years back when i had spare time It is almost done but needs about 60hrs to complete.

The yellow Bronco is a 2nd owner vehical with only 48k original miles on it that I (the second owner) picked up about two years ago and it will become a 2wd street rod when I get to it.

Next to the Bronco is my 70 2WD Blazer waiting its turn for a full out custom build in the next few years as funds allow.

Next to that is a 3 owner 51 ford F1 pick up with 46k on it and it just came out of a barn last sept for the first time since 1967. It has great patena and is a complete truck I will pull apart, chop, chanel, shorten and slice into a fun street rod with a 5.4 mod motor.

Then you all know Low Buck, it needs the carb pulled and a small leak fixed in the accellorator pump. It has bee a great daily driver while I have been working at home.

Last but not least is the wifes SS and slow build sitting in front of that waiting to get its parking spot back.

Hope you enjoy my curent state of dismay but things will be back in shape in now time at all.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
Rokcrln

Re: LFD Inc. update

6-10
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2007, 09:23 PM   #3
Rokcrln

11-15
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
Rokcrln

16-17
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2007, 09:53 PM   #5
RedZ71

man... 1880!!! awesome! i would love to have a house like that, but around dallas, that will never happen. how about the rest of your neighborhood your in, same vintage?
www.z71silverado.com
RedZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:01 PM   #6
Luvlegs

DUDE - take a break!!! Geesch, I'm exhausted from reading it (and I'm no couch potato!)... take a break as soon as you can - when the little one shows up, you'll be spending a lot of time with him - you won't want to go out and do stuff.... and he'll wear you BOTH out! I know, I married off the 22 yo 3 weeks ago, the 18 yo graduated high school last week and then I flew back to NC where I live with my 15 month old (yeah, that's 15 MONTH old...) I wouldn't trade any of them for anything but I do wish I had rested more when I could. Very cool man - best wishes to you, the missus and the soon to be here! Take a quick nap!

Wear your PPE! You can eat with false teeth but you can't see with a false eye.

1959 Studebaker Silverhawk 350/400
1972 C10 L6 3OTT
2005 F350 - Built - whew!
Luvlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:14 PM   #7
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZ71 View Post
man... 1880!!! awesome! i would love to have a house like that, but around dallas, that will never happen. how about the rest of your neighborhood your in, same vintage?
Mine is the newer one on the block. Right accross from me is a 1875 and next to her is a 1876. It has been alot of work but enjoy the end result.

Yes I will be taking two weeks off for MALEternaty leave I also waited 35yrs for the right one so I have had lots of rest.

Here is the house before and after from the front. We were told that it was built by Mr. Backer in 1928 but it turns out he bought it from Mr. Johnson in 1928 and Johnson built it between 1875 and 1880. When I tore the kitchen apart (witch was built on the old back portch) I found on one of the drawer backs in pencil "October 15th 1930 G F Backer"

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #8
GREASEMONKEY72

damn dude and thats pretty much all i can say

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:04 AM   #9
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

So how excited/happy was your wife when she saw the kitchen redone?
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #10
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Very nice improvement I must be getting slow in my old age cause I cant keep up with one project let alone all your projects.

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #11
Goodguytrucks

Great job on everything ....the kitchen looks awesome!!
Goodguytrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #12
WyoRoadDog
Page intentionally left blank.

Nice work on the kitchen! Please tell me you didn't throw that old stove away though!
Congrats on the impending kiddo!
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened. - Douglas Adams

'67 GMC 4x4, 305 V6! Or all the parts for anyway...
'17 Subaru Outback.
'18 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road.
'99 Ducati 900SS.
WyoRoadDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #13
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Nice work on the remodeling Kevin. Be good to have stable power in your shop. I was sure glad to do mine right when I built it. Shuffling things around in the old shop/shed was a real pain.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #14
jorgensensc

Looks awesome. makes me want to post a pic of our Trailblazer SS in front of our 1947 home!! So when should I come by and pick up the oold nasty stove. Just let me know!!
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #15
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Knob and tube? Here where I live, the codes kick in and new owners have to upgrade the wiring before you can get service.

But when I was stationed on the island of Taiwan, the electrical service to the house we had off-base, and it was new, was not any different than knob and tube, except the fuse material was just an "S" of solder. The larger diameter solder was a lot better than what we used for electronic repair in the shop I worked in on-base.

Nice job on the kitchen, the wiring, yada, yada, yada. Oh, all that and multi-tasking, too. Plus being a new Dad is gonna be the most difficult thing you have taken on, dude. Congratulations. I have 10 grandchildren, and undoubtedly there will be at least one more, but not before my 60th in September.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote