The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #1
ABLAZN
Oh..never mind....

Clean unmolested Blazer on Portland CL

I found this on the Portland craigslist. It is a plain Jane model, but looks clean and unmolested.
http://portland.craigslist.org/yam/car/406850447.html
Turbo 350
NP-205
454 BB (for now)
MORE TO COME !!!!!! Now going to 2WD!!!!!

Sold.

I got it back after 22 years and did not even know it !!!
THE STORY HERE

Project Low Down Dirty Rat
ABLAZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Re: Clean unmolested Blazer on Portland CL

Looks nice. Not a bad price either. It would make a nice 2wd conversion (<— you can see where my mind is at...)
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

It looks like a nice one, I talked to him back in May when priced @ $7000. and I couldnt get a straight answer out of him, but if I am not mistaken it is the same k/5 that I missed out on earlier this year (back in feb.) that sold in Eugene, Or. It sold on the first day listed, it was advertised for $3500. and seller took $3250. so he stands to make come out ok. . It has been for sale locally for at least 4 months now. I dont know why he has had such a hard time selling it given the fact of how hard they are to find in this condition. Cb
Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:14 PM   #4
ABLAZN
Oh..never mind....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncytruck View Post
Looks nice. Not a bad price either. It would make a nice 2wd conversion (<— you can see where my mind is at...)
It's funny, I had the same idea. Right now I am way to deep into my current Blazer to even think about getting another one. I could get what I have in it money wise, but I could never sell it after getting it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Bowties View Post
It looks like a nice one, I talked to him back in May when priced @ $7000. and I couldnt get a straight answer out of him, but if I am not mistaken it is the same k/5 that I missed out on earlier this year (back in feb.) that sold in Eugene, Or. It sold on the first day listed, it was advertised for $3500. and seller took $3250. so he stands to make come out ok. . It has been for sale locally for at least 4 months now. I dont know why he has had such a hard time selling it given the fact of how hard they are to find in this condition. Cb
CB, it is a different Blazer. The one from Eugene was bought by a board member from Bend that goes by Bad4X4. I have no idea why some of the Blazers up here are not selling and bringing better money. The some rig in southern Cally is worth $2k more then what I am seeing here. Still,I would like to see a member pick this one up. I know a couple of them have stated they are looking for such a find.
Turbo 350
NP-205
454 BB (for now)
MORE TO COME !!!!!! Now going to 2WD!!!!!

Sold.

I got it back after 22 years and did not even know it !!!
THE STORY HERE

Project Low Down Dirty Rat

Last edited by ABLAZN; 08-30-2007 at 02:48 PM.
ABLAZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Quote:
CB, it is a different Blazer. The one from Eugene was bought by a board member from Bend that goes by Bad4X4. I have no idea why some of the Blazers up here are not selling and bringing better money. The some rig in southern Cally is worth $2k more then what I am seeing here. Still,I would like to see a member pick this one up. I know a couple of them have stated they are looking for such a find.
I agree, the one that you saw listed in Eugene was purchased by Bad4x4 in Bend. He is actually the guy that purchased my rig from the original owner, then sold to another board member in Eugene, which is who I bought it from.

I'd guess that the painted white bumpers are what is keeping this rig from selling. I'd bet if the seller dropped $200 or bumpers, he could get the a lot more for it.

Quote:
It's funny, I had the same idea. Right now I am way to deep into my current Blazer to even think about getting another one. I could get what I have in it money wise, but I could never sell it after getting it back.
You have a pretty unique situation and should hold on to the rig no matter what. I'd love to have a 2wd, but I can't see getting rid of my '72 either. I really like this truck and don't want to part with it. I just need another one to start my collection, but first I need a 3-4 car garage.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:53 PM   #6
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Not too shabby, I'd give 4, maybe 5, but not 6
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote