The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-13-2007, 12:29 AM   #1
energiesource

Dropmember worth it?

I'm sure alot of people are going to say it is, but i want to know what most of you think, the drop member is $1475 and that is just for the setup itself, no airbags, nothing suspension-wise, just the frame part itself, is it worth it? or is there a cheaper alternative to do the same?
energiesource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:34 AM   #2
Rokcrln

Re: Dropmember worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by energiesource View Post
I'm sure alot of people are going to say it is, but i want to know what most of you think, the drop member is $1475 and that is just for the setup itself, no airbags, nothing suspension-wise, just the frame part itself, is it worth it? or is there a cheaper alternative to do the same?
Is their cheaper, Yes! Is their cheaper to get the same results, not by a long shot! With Porters set up you get better geometry to help thses trucks really handle well when built right. You also get more ground clearance even with a lower stance, Power rack and pinion ect..ect...ect!
Spend the money you will not regret it.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:48 AM   #3
abadsvt

I agree with Rokcrln! If there was one area to spend the extra money it is the front suspension. It is the most important on the truck. Does the stock stuff handle okay. Sure it does. Now I wanted something a little better than Okay. That was why i went with the dropmember. Plus you get a little bit more than just the dropmember when you buy from Nathan. You get TOP NOTCH support from someone who is very smart. Now i am a little bias since Nathan has givin me sooooo much support that has gone way beyond what i have bought from him. Anyways that is just my experiences and my .02. Good luck and start saving those pennies.

Josh
Other project: C5 corvette swap into 70 c10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post2413517 On Hold

Last edited by abadsvt; 09-13-2007 at 12:52 AM.
abadsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:59 AM   #4
energiesource

got a pic of yours all done up? do you have the rear suspension from him as well? looks like it
energiesource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
abadsvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by energiesource View Post
got a pic of yours all done up? do you have the rear suspension from him as well? looks like it
I think you asking for a pic of what the dropmember looks like installed. Here you go. As for the rear suspension it is all me. Nathan gave me some tips and advice on building the cantilever setup but i did all the work.
Attached Images

Other project: C5 corvette swap into 70 c10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post2413517 On Hold
abadsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
see ten
WTB this ad

If you want to go superlow and you don't want (or are incapable of) to perform a bodydrop or a Z, it seems like a bargain. I can't commit myself to one at this time but I'm thinking about buying another frame and going Porterbuilt front and back.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote