The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #1
Old Rust Bucket

New here. Need thoughts on a truck

I'm looking at a '76 C20 Camper Special in pretty decent shape. 350 engine, auto trany, very little rust, truck came from Texas originaly. About 3 years ago a good friend of mine bought it from the orignal owner. It has 126K on it. It is 4X2, it's been converted to 16inch wheels from 16.5 inch wheels. He is looking at buying a car and wants to sell this truck. New tires on it not that long ago, The wood bed floor is solid. Not sure if there's any other information that might be relevant here. He wants $1,500
Should I go for it??

TIA,
Old Rust Bucket
Old Rust Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Eyegore
What Hump?

Re: New here. Need thoughts on a truck

First welcome to the board 1500 seems in the ball park, what are others going for in the area? Also I thought all beds after 73 were steel except for stepsides, was the bed rusted out so he had to put wood in?
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
Old Rust Bucket

It's original wood floor with the metal strips and he whole deal. I should have mentioned it is a long box (if this means anything)
Trucks in with out rust are not easy to come by up here. That is why this one stands out in my mind. Once they get rust on them the value drops like a brick in a swimming pool. I've seen trucks from the "Big 3" bring anywhere from $200-$2,500 for a truck of comparable vintage to the one in question.
Old Rust Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #4
streetstar

Lack of rust is priceless in your neck of the woods.

Pictures would be better -- but if it runs and drives, doesnt have much rust, and is not beat to heck -- then you are not going to get burned for $1500

I always ask myself "what could I sell it for tomorrow?" before i buy -- this helps me weed out emotional , spur of the moment decisions
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #5
Roper

Your only talking about $1500! I spend more than that on gasoline in three months.
Seriousely if you like the truck than whats $1500? Where are you going to find cheaper transport than that?
If that truck will run for two months without it calveing on you then you broke even on the deal.
Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

its hard to tell from just word pics are worth a thousand words... but it sounds good.. $12-1500 is about right for a good rust free truck 4X2

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:55 PM   #7
PhilaTruck
Right on the line, baby!

A minimal rust truck in MN? Do you see a lot of trucks that have little rust up there? Sounds like a good deal to me.

AND welcome to the board-

Click and scroll down for site vendors!

Subscribe here!

Last edited by PhilaTruck; 11-15-2007 at 11:55 PM.
PhilaTruck is offline   Reply With Quote