The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
brianthelion02
Overdrive club

WIW big block brackets

Never thought id post a wiw thread but here goes,not gonna sell em just curious of app. value!!!!!!!!!!Everything all there including bolts out of a 71 chevy truck!!!!!!!!!!http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1195608059
Attached Images

1951 3100 chevy

1970 chevy c-30 Sold!
brianthelion02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:18 PM   #2
David Johnson

Re: WIW big block brackets

$500 plus
David Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
1972Ryan
Account Suspended

I'd be interested in the pulleys if you seperate.
1972Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #4
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

I once paid $500 for what you have there, MINUS the A/C stuff, so you're well above that number.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:29 PM   #5
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

$700.-$800. easy for all that is pictured if and ONLY if the other four A/C pump mounting brackets are around, I only see five of the nine it takes to make a complete set. Cb
Classic Bowties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:07 AM   #6
t korinek
Truckin' Krazy

Brian, your lucky I've got a 2nd shift job or they'd be on my garage floor! Good find. I've got the fresh 402 for those brackets. WIW to you?
Tom
Dakota Digital
Trim parts Carpets
Truck World seat covers
& Many others
Chevy Parts locator in Mesa AZ!
t korinek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:53 AM   #7
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t korinek View Post
Brian, your lucky I've got a 2nd shift job or they'd be on my garage floor! Good find. I've got the fresh 402 for those brackets. WIW to you?
Tom
I change my earlier posted value to $200. tops due to this quoted post and also given the fact that brianthelion must have just recently purchased and or stolen (just for figure of speech) the newly acquired BBC brackets and pulleys without sharing all the details in his WIW post, which actually should have been a look what I just scored/brag type post. Come on now brianthelion, t korinek can really use the parts on that fresh 402 of his and he is already working a 2nd shift... so what do ya say about passing the sweet deal you scored along to him? I already sense that someday these trucks and parts may not be enjoyed by the normal working class common folk like myself, unless we as a large group of level headed/like minded truck enthusiast can somehow encourage more realistic pricing of parts. Cb
Old 11-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #8
Luvlegs

Can someone tell me if the BIG BLOCK brackets and all the assorted stuff shown here will fit a '73 454? I have asked at least 3 different times on the board and noone can give me a clear answer - it seems all those in the know are here so... fingers crossed - I'm trying to figure out what I have left to get so I can budget it out... (and the price I think scares me) Thanks guys!

Wear your PPE! You can eat with false teeth but you can't see with a false eye.

1959 Studebaker Silverhawk 350/400
1972 C10 L6 3OTT
2005 F350 - Built - whew!
Luvlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Yes, all of the pictured part's will bolt right onto your 73 model year 454 if you change out the long water pump to a short style, if not already done. Has this 454 been transplanted into a 67-72, or are you working on a 73 model truck with a 454? The reason that I am asking is due to the fact that all 73 and up big block GM trucks and all 69 and up chevy cars used the long w.p. setup which can be had/found for alot less $$$, around 1/3rd the cost of the 68-72 GM truck/65-68 chev car short w.p. stuff. Hope that helps clear a few things up for you and I have included a pic of my 72 K/5 with a 74 454 with all the short w.p. accessory bracket's & pulley's installed. Cb
Attached Images

Last edited by Classic Bowties; 11-25-2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: info
Old 11-23-2007, 02:11 PM   #10
Luvlegs

THANK YOU! THAT was what I needed to know, or at least the start of it. I am putting the 73 into my 72 C10 - I already have the 72 only clamshell type motor mounts. So I'll be looking for the long water pump setups (less expensive for 73 and up) but any 68-72 lwp BIG BLOCK (396, 400, 402) will work also but cost more. Again, THANK YOU!

1972 C10 L6 3OTT
Old 11-23-2007, 05:38 PM   #11
Tx Firefighter

Legs, you missed what he's saying.

The brackets pictured are for a 68-72 truck fitment, regardless of the engine year. It does not matter if the engine is 69-72 vintage or newer (including your 73 model 454). The brackets bolt to the engine no sweat. Basically, a big block is a big block whether 67 model, 77 model, or 87 model. They are all externally the same..

But, for best fitment in your 72 model truck, you do need the short bracket setup like we're talking about (shown above).

What bowties meant in his post ,was that if your truck is 73 and newer, you could use the long type (much cheaper) brackets.

You can get the long type (cheaper) ones to work in your 72, but the distance between the water pump pulley and radiator will be quite tight and preclude you're using a good fan clutch and fan combo.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:20 PM   #12
Luvlegs

AH HA.. I new I'd end up on the short end... no pun intended - Thanks again for the clarification - Sorry for highjacking the thread but I have those in the know where I need 'em... will either electric fans and or electric water pump give me more room?

1972 C10 L6 3OTT
Old 11-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #13
Tx Firefighter

I've had three big block trucks now, so this is my experience only.

I demand absolute reliability and trouble free operation. I would never, ever run electric fans or electric water pump on my trucks. I drive them 100 miles a day on average, so I don't like to fool with stuff. Too many guys have struggled to keep their stuff cool with electric fans.

If you run a good solid radiator, belt driven clutch fan, and fan clutch, you can sit in traffic in 110 degree Texas days without fear of overheating.

As a matter of fact, there is another thread going right now on the main 67-72 question board concerning this exact issue, long pump big blocks and fan clearance issues. Check it out!
Old 11-23-2007, 09:09 PM   #14
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

I have a stupid question. Is the upper alternator bracket shown in the pics "factory correct" for the '71-'72 big block trucks? That bracket looks llike what I thought was a pre- '69 passenger car bracket. I notice the same bracket in Classic Bowties post (#9). I thought the correct short water pump upper bracket, was a more "boxy" version. My '71 BB parts truck has a different one. Will the experts please comment! I will try to find a pic. Thanks.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #15
brianthelion02
Overdrive club

Well actually i picked these up off craiglist for $200 and i have a 69 402 that they are gonna go on!!!!!!!!They were on cl for 4 hrs before i spotted them!!!!!!!!And somethin tells me that Tom has at least one set of brackets at his dispense!!!!!!!!!!!And i do understand what youre sayin about realistic prices!!!!!!!! I believe most of us here are normal workin class folk!!!My biggest problem with this bb stuff now is the price of gas goin up up up.That one ton has a six cylinder in it,runs great,and i had just found all the p.s. stuff for it!!!And my k-20 has a small block that runs great,so now what do i do!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Bowties View Post
I change my earlier posted value to $200. tops due to this quoted post and also given the fact that brianthelion must have just recently purchased and or stolen (just for figure of speech) the newly acquired BBC brackets and pulleys without sharing all the details in his WIW post, which actually should have been a look what I just scored/brag type post. Come on now brianthelion, t korinek can really use the parts on that fresh 402 of his and he is already working a 2nd shift... so what do ya say about passing the sweet deal you scored along to him? I already sense that someday these trucks and parts may not be enjoyed by the normal working class common folk like myself, unless we as a large group of level headed/like minded truck enthusiast can somehow encourage more realistic pricing of parts. Cb

1951 3100 chevy

1970 chevy c-30 Sold!
Old 11-23-2007, 09:50 PM   #16
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
I have a stupid question. Is the upper alternator bracket shown in the pics "factory correct" for the '71-'72 big block trucks? That bracket looks llike what I thought was a pre- '69 passenger car bracket. I notice the same bracket in Classic Bowties post (#9). I thought the correct short water pump upper bracket, was a more "boxy" version. My '71 BB parts truck has a different one. Will the experts please comment! I will try to find a pic. Thanks.
Yes, that pictured upper alt. bracket is correct for 68-71 GM bbc trucks. The more "boxy" version you speak of was a 72 GM bbc truck only bracket which had an added stiff arm (rod) support off the rear of it down to the exhaust manifold, the lower cradle on this 72 setup is the same part used on the other 68-71 setup. Here's a pic of the 72 setup, Cb
Attached Images

Last edited by Classic Bowties; 11-25-2007 at 03:40 PM. Reason: info
Old 11-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #17
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Classic Bowties,... Thank YOU! My dial up was wearing me out trying to find a picture. Now the weird thing. I have that bracket on my parts truck. Eveything under the hood looks factory original and "un-disturbed",... as in factory greasy. But,... my truck is a '71. I have no idea about the history of my truck. Thanks for the quick answer!!!

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823

Last edited by lolife99; 11-23-2007 at 10:06 PM.
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #18
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianthelion02 View Post
Well actually i picked these up off craiglist for $200 and i have a 69 402 that they are gonna go on!!!!!!!!My biggest problem with this bb stuff now is the price of gas goin up up up.That one ton has a six cylinder in it,runs great,and i had just found all the p.s. stuff for it!!!And my k-20 has a small block that runs great,so now what do i do!!!!!!!!!!
Nice score , do you have the other a/c pump mounting brackets? As for your last above comment about what do you do now, I have an idea... You can spare yourself the hassle and leave both of your already great running trucks as they are and double your money by selling me all this BBC stuff , Cb
Old 11-23-2007, 11:15 PM   #19
brianthelion02
Overdrive club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Bowties View Post
Nice score , do you have the other a/c pump mounting brackets? As for your last above comment about what do you do now, I have an idea... You can spare yourself the hassle and leave both of your already great running trucks as they are and double your money by selling me all this BBC stuff , Cb

1951 3100 chevy

1970 chevy c-30 Sold!