The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-28-2007, 12:34 PM   #26
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Re: Sat pics (11-24) Road Trip! Come along!

Wow, great as usual!!!
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:37 AM   #27
see ten
WTB this ad

Thanks for the props guys! The Turkey Run thread has been updated again. PLEASE go check em out! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post2465645

Those shots with my truck on the track are kinda a story in themselves. Their is a vendor set up on the back stretch that has you pull your ride in front of a section of the wall where the DAYTONA can be seen behind you. They click off a quick pic and then you go to their trailer a while later so they can rape you for this one shot of you on the track. Well, when we rolled in Thursday morning we had to cross the back of the track. Right next to where we were crossing was a section of wall with the DAYTONA on it. Well, I ease my truck over and call over a security guard. I told him I had already spent a couple hundred on gas (which I hadn't) and didn't want to have to buy a pic of my truck on the track. I asked if it would be alright if I pulled my truck out on the track and took a couple pics right quick. The guard said "sure go ahead" . Well, they had all these cones real close together all the way across the track and I didn't know if I could fit through them.....So I cut across the grass and on to the track. The guard just looked at me and walked over and told me to take my pics quick and get it outta there. Of course I jumped out and shot these as quick as I could and got my truck back in the designated lane. As far as I know I was the only person who got away with this the entire weekend!

As far as the gas mileage goes....Well, The truck is a 350 that's been bored .030 . The truck has also had the fan removed from the engine and is running electric fans. I'm also running an Edelbrock performer intake, roller tip rockers, and underdrive pulleys. The trans is a th350 and the rear has 3.08 gears. I averaged about 12.5 mpg with the A/C on and 13.8 with it off. Of course I was also keeping it in the left lane running with traffic. I'm sure I coulda brought the mpg up if I had driven slower, but my objective was to not impede the flow of traffic and to get myself home. So, yes I'm going to post a couple pics of the gauges that my wife clicked on the interstate. To those of you out there who cry foul everytime pics like these are posted and make statements like "you are endangering your life but more importantly the lives of myself and my family", sorry. Stay off the interstate highway system. I was running with the traffic in the left lane. So, I'm off the soapbox now.

On a sidenote, we put over 1100 miles on the C10 since last wed morning. The total at the pump was $319.55.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:49 AM   #28
see ten
WTB this ad

Back to Sat pics!

I saw this same Blazer later and it looked like this.

The owner said a woman just ran right in to him! To make matters worse she had no insurance. It ruined his grill and shell as well as the front bumper and the brace that goes in front of the core support that the grill screws to. He was pretty upset about things and said he was going to park it the rest of the weekend. I told him I'd have to get it back out to the show the next day no matter what it looked like. We did see him the next day back at the truck working on the truck getting it back in shape. I came up and started talking to the owner (I thought) and he's looking at me like I'm crazy! Just then the real owner comes up and starts chatting. Apparently these guys were twins! (If they weren't I really REALLY don't want to know why two grown men would look so much alike!)

They even went Topless!

Old 11-29-2007, 08:03 AM   #29
see ten
WTB this ad

Rolling shot!

Not truck related and I'll probably post this again in my Turkey Run thread, but I really liked this shot!

Old 11-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #30
see ten
WTB this ad

Yes, I really liked the look of this next one!

Not truck related but I really love this pic!

Old 11-29-2007, 12:01 PM   #31
see ten
WTB this ad

I've updated the Turkey Run thread again. Be sure to scoot on over and check it out! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post2465912

We wanted to go out for some pizza and beer while we were in town so my bud asked a local bartender where he would recomend. We ended up at this little place that was maybe 50 yards from the ocean. The owners/operators were from Italy and had been in Daytona 37 years. They told us if we didn't like our food we wouldn't have to pay! The food was awesome as was the ambiance. We sat at a sidewalk table so we could see the hot rods cruising by and hear the ocean. One of the operators broke out an accordian and came out and played for quite some time for us. Another of the patrons was from Canada, but was from Italy originaly and was singing most of the songs that were being played. Maybe I don't get out enough, but we had an awesome time!

Old 11-29-2007, 04:49 PM   #32
see ten
WTB this ad

Had to hit the beach!

Old 11-30-2007, 06:47 AM   #33
see ten
WTB this ad

Reposting this pic

Because I found two more pics of it!

Old 11-30-2007, 06:49 AM   #34
see ten
WTB this ad

Old 11-30-2007, 08:32 AM   #35
C10 Club Tennessee

Hey, that's the old Southern Kentucky Classics Ambulance. Somebody got a good deal on that thing. I saw it on Ebay.

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #36
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Simply Awesome Pic's
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote