The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2008, 02:59 AM   #8
revn67

Re: is it worth it?

unfortunately i dont have pics on my computer of it but i saw the pics of the cab going through every process and he definitely did it right....the roof was not bad at all....in the pics of it in bare metal there were no rust issues in the gutters and there was only a minor dent on the upper portion of the cab in the back.....the only place he used filler was when he shaved the gas filler and some on the firewall where he shaved the firewall as well, the doors are all pretty solid...some of them have some rust spotting on the bottom and little dents here and there and one of the fenders i can cut up to use to repair others, but the other 2 are in really nice shape....the bed was a longbed and he shortened it, he is just throwing that in because he obviously won't need it and i don't need it either...i already have a bed i just restored so i dunno what ill do with that...i am very comfortable with bodywork and welding so i have no problem with any of that. the frame has surface rust but it is structurally sound.....if i think it isn't what he said then i just won't take the frame.

"finish your beer, theres sober kids in india!"
revn67 is offline   Reply With Quote