The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Re: Do you need '64-'66 Chevy Truck Parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by valero View Post
hey tony...i need to redo the whole front end suspension on my 66 c10...anything available???

valero:

Good afternoon and thanks for the inquiry. By front-end suspension, do you mean the steering sector, including the center link, tie rod ends, tie rods, couplers, idler arm, Pitman arm or do you need the entire front-end meaning the front cross member, upper and lower control arms, ball joints, king pins, etc?

Please let me know what you need and I can provide photos of the good, used parts that I have from a 4-5-6 Chevy C10. Thanks for the opportunity and let me know your thoughts.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
valero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILRED66 View Post
valero:

Good afternoon and thanks for the inquiry. By front-end suspension, do you mean the steering sector, including the center link, tie rod ends, tie rods, couplers, idler arm, Pitman arm or do you need the entire front-end meaning the front cross member, upper and lower control arms, ball joints, king pins, etc?

Please let me know what you need and I can provide photos of the good, used parts that I have from a 4-5-6 Chevy C10. Thanks for the opportunity and let me know your thoughts.

thanks for gettin back to me so quick tony...im actually gonna need all of it, lol!

everything is in working condition right now...but all the components are the originals from 66...so needless to say, the rust is abundant! even the shocks look like barnicle clad pier supports at the beach...haha

i guess just send me what you can and the prices and hopefully we can work somethin out...

thanks
sean
Old 02-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Quote:
thanks for gettin back to me so quick tony...im actually gonna need all of it, lol!

everything is in working condition right now...but all the components are the originals from 66...so needless to say, the rust is abundant! even the shocks look like barnicle clad pier supports at the beach...haha

i guess just send me what you can and the prices and hopefully we can work somethin out...

thanks
sean
Sean:

In order to provide parts and prices, I need a list of items from you, more specific than "all of it", so I can put together a comprehensive list of parts and prices. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon, regarding these items or other 4-5-6 Chevy truck parts in the future. Thanks for the opportunity.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
valero

Quote:
Sean:

In order to provide parts and prices, I need a list of items from you, more specific than "all of it", so I can put together a comprehensive list of parts and prices. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon, regarding these items or other 4-5-6 Chevy truck parts in the future. Thanks for the opportunity.
ok...let me put a list together and i ll let you now as soon as i can ok? by the way...do you have a 66 c10 cab, minimal rust, available? if so what would it go for?...would prefer small back window, but big back is fine...

thanks tony

sean
Old 02-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #5
valero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred66 View Post
sean:

In order to provide parts and prices, i need a list of items from you, more specific than "all of it", so i can put together a comprehensive list of parts and prices. Thanks and i look forward to hearing from you soon, regarding these items or other 4-5-6 chevy truck parts in the future. Thanks for the opportunity.
hey tony! Ok, so...most importantly, i need the r and l upper and lower control arms...what would the set run, if available???
Old 02-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #6
onequick66

lilred: i'm needing the reverse lights and antenna for a 66 fleetside. if you could provide some prices sometime that would be awesome.

thanks in advance,
Matthew
Old 02-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #7
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by onequick66 View Post
lilred: i'm needing the reverse lights and antenna for a 66 fleetside. if you could provide some prices sometime that would be awesome.

thanks in advance,
Matthew
Matthew:

You have a PM regarding factory fleetside reverse lights and a factory antennae. Thanks for the opportunity.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
sixty6

hey, need a drivers side bed side, shorty. HAve any rust free? thanks
Old 02-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #9
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty6 View Post
hey, need a drivers side bed side, shorty. HAve any rust free? thanks
sixty6:

Good evening and thanks for the inquiry. I have a few swb fleet side bed sides, but they need work, so I am not going to be able to help you with a rust-free bed side. Sorry, but thanks for the opportunity and please keep me in mind for other 4-5-6 Chevy truck parts in the future.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #10
bcw3865

For a '65 Suburban:

Not sure what it is called, but it is the metal piece that holds up the top part of the tailgate (where the rear window is). Just need one, the one I had buckled on me when I went to shut the top gate (other one is fine). You can email me: bwillis1976@yahoo.com

Thanks!!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #11
LILRED66
Account Suspended

bcw3865:

Good afternoon and thanks for the inquiry. I know what part you are after, but I don't currently have any Suburban specific parts at this time. Thanks for the opportunity and please let me know if you have other 4-5-6 Chevy truck parts needs in the future.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #12
mich.mule

Quote:
Do you need parts for your 4-5-6 Chevy Truck project? During the process of collecting and fixing up my trucks, I have acquired many good, used OEM parts for 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks. I am able to ship most parts, however, due to size, weight and cost, some parts, like cabs, frames and beds, are not very economical to ship.

Let me know your 4-5-6 Chevy Truck part needs and I will try to take care of it.
I am in need of wheel hubs for a 1966 Fleetside Longbed could quote me for shipping to 49331 Michigan thank you sir.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #13
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich.mule View Post
I am in need of wheel hubs for a 1966 Fleetside Longbed could quote me for shipping to 49331 Michigan thank you sir.
Good evening and thanks for the inquiry. Front or rear hubs?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:53 PM   #14
mich.mule

Im sorry I meant rear wheel wells.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:55 PM   #15
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich.mule View Post
Im sorry I meant rear wheel wells.
mich.mule:

Thanks for the prompt reply. I don't have any fleetside rear tubs at this time. I have a set of tub repair flanges coming from Mar-k, so I can fix a pair of fleetside tubs.

Please keep me in mind if you need other 4-5-6 Chevy truck parts in the future.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #16
joe231

Yes Sir!
pm'd ya
Old 02-19-2009, 11:53 PM   #17
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Groovy Joe. I look forward to meeting you and talking 4-5-6 Chevy trucks. See you on Saturday afternoon. Please let me know an approximate time, so I can get my other duties done and meet you at the shop. Also, let me know if you need directions. See you on Saturday afternoon, the 21st.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:09 AM   #18
joe231

cool deal Tony!
I look forward to meeting you also, and checking out your inventory....
The address in your sig is your shop, correct?
I will call if I need directions
Old 02-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #19
Norselander
Clunker Farm, Proprietor

Hello Tony, do you have any 16" wheels that you are selling? I need some good condition six-lug, 16" wheels with clips (raised center) or 16" wheels with nubs.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #20
valero

hey tony...thanks again for those websites...i ve found a lot of much needed parts for a good price...

i had my truck up on a lift today, and i finally got a good look at the underbelly of the cab and how completely torn up it is...its only got sheet metal tacked to the floor board underneath the carpet where all the rust had eaten away at it...ugh...

needless to say, unless i wanna rip it apart and weld a full aftermarket floor panel to the old cab...which i dont wanna do cause i cant weld, lol, and having it done would suck my bank account dry...my only other option would be to look for a REPLACEMENT CAB...

no doors, gauges, bench needed...just the bare cab with an intact windshield and back window (small window preferably) and minimal rust

ANY AVAILABLE???

please let me know
thanks,

sean
Old 02-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #21
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norselander View Post
Hello Tony, do you have any 16" wheels that you are selling? I need some good condition six-lug, 16" wheels with clips (raised center) or 16" wheels with nubs.
Good morning and thanks for the inquiry. For the '60-'66 Chevy 1/2 ton trucks, the only stock steel wheels were 15" and those are the only years I deal with, so I won't be able to help you with these items. Please let me know if I can help you with other 4-5-6 Chevy turcks parts in the future.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #22
LILRED66
Account Suspended

sean:

Thanks for the inquiry. I don't any rust-free cab shells at this time, however, I can repair one, but the shipping would be cost prohibitive. I estimate transporting it to Chi-town to be $300.00 or better, because it would have to be put on a pallet and sent via truck line, common carrier.

Let me know if I can help you with a cab or other 4-5-6 Chevy truck parts in the future.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:04 AM   #23
valero

Quote:
sean:

Thanks for the inquiry. I don't any rust-free cab shells at this time, however, I can repair one, but the shipping would be cost prohibitive. I estimate transporting it to Chi-town to be $300.00 or better, because it would have to be put on a pallet and sent via truck line, common carrier.

Let me know if I can help you with a cab or other 4-5-6 Chevy truck parts in the future.

ok, thanks tony...just wonderin though, how much would one cost if it was available?
Old 02-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #24
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Quote:
ok, thanks tony...just wonderin though, how much would one cost if it was available?
I have sold good, used, rust-free cabs in the past for $600.00-$800.00, depending on if they were a small back window or big back window or a high hump tranny cover or a low hump tranny cover. Also, they were in the upper range if they had a title and matching VIN plate. I have never transported one, so I am only estimating it to be around $250.00-$300.00.

All in, you are looking at $850.00-$1,100.00 to get one to Chicago from Kansas City. I am sure there are better deals out there, but that is what my personal experience has been. I have also bought a number of cabs for $600.00-$800.00. If I am buying, I look for the best deal and if I am selling I am looking for the best deal.

In any case, please let me know if I can help you with this item or other 4-5-6 Chevy truck parts in the future.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #25
valero

Quote:
I have sold good, used, rust-free cabs in the past for $600.00-$800.00, depending on if they were a small back window or big back window or a high hump tranny cover or a low hump tranny cover. Also, they were in the upper range if they had a title and matching VIN plate. I have never transported one, so I am only estimating it to be around $250.00-$300.00.

All in, you are looking at $850.00-$1,100.00 to get one to Chicago from Kansas City. I am sure there are better deals out there, but that is what my personal experience has been. I have also bought a number of cabs for $600.00-$800.00. If I am buying, I look for the best deal and if I am selling I am looking for the best deal.

In any case, please let me know if I can help you with this item or other 4-5-6 Chevy truck parts in the future.
yeah, im not surprised that the shipping would be super expensive, although your price range seems very reasonable!...too bad im not in your area well again, thank you for the quick response...

im sure come spring and summer, there ll be some auctions and meets in my area, but in the meantime...any suggestions on where to look for decent cab? (aside from craigslist, and auto trader mags)

thanks for the help tony,

sean
Closed Thread