The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
SactoJim

Sacramento Autorama....rant.

I swear every year I go I say to myself I won't go next year.

Not only do they charge $18 to get in, they charge another $8 to fricken park. That charging to park thing just pisses me off!

The only reason I get the urge to go is it's winter and car show activities are pretty much dead.......so I cave.

To top it off, there were only (2) 67-72 trucks that I saw!.....OH, and I got to see Fonzi, one of the Laverne and Shirley chicks, and George Barris......OH BOY. No disrespect meant to these folks, I would just rather see cars and good venders.

....and poor George Barris. That guys gotta be in his 70's and they had him right in the same area where they had all the "boom boom" vehicles and competition going on! He didn't look too thrilled!

You get SOOOOO much more for your money at Goodguy's events.

OH Well.......I'll probably cave next year and pay $10 to park and $20 to get in the show and be *****in all over again!...go figure!
- 4 wheel discs
- relocated fuel tank
-

My Build Thread

Last edited by SactoJim; 02-12-2008 at 11:12 AM.
SactoJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
betonj97

Re: Sacramento Autorama....rant.

Hey SactoJim....I debated going for the same reasons....$....and the boom boom, so I didnt make it out and from the sounds of it I did a good thing. Next time you head out to a show hit me up so there can be 3 67-72 trucks next time.....
Take it easy!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
brad_man_72
the boat guy

same problem here in missouri, this year they had the "real live spee dmcqueen from Cars" whatever that is. i usually forget that this is the show i dont care for until i walk in the door and bombarded with what looks like an indoor mall parking lot, with all of the civics and H2s, more neons and strobe lights and tv's than radio shack. wich no big deal not my cup of tea whatever, but the quality of the workmanship on 70% of these cars looks like they were thrown together in a weekend at most.

thank god during the summer that every weekend their is some FREE cruise in with much nicer cars to go to.
66, stevens drag/ski 18' silouette, 350, 2.02 doublehump heads. comp extreme marine 278 cam, vette 7 fin valve covers, old polished edelbrock intake, velvetdrive, casale v-drive, adj cavitation plate.
28, model a rpu project,
brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

My son was in a Tae Kwon Do tourney in Sac on Saturday, I thought I might... slip away and go check out the show for a bit when he had some downtime... glad I didn't.