The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
shortchev

Z-ing frame

What would be the best amout to z and frame 73-87 . I have researched it but still dont have a clear answer , would it be 3" , 3.5" or 4" . Also do I loose my heater box then ? Does anyone have pics of their trans crossmember after the Z ? Di any of you guys have to modify the fire wall ?
shortchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
rotgg

Re: Z-ing frame

how low do u want to be what size tires are u running
rotgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:12 AM   #3
shortchev

how low can I go and still keeep the heater box . I would love to lay frame , But I need a heater on the summer x ghts here . My wheels are 17 x 8 with 255/40/17 tires on the front and 18x 9.5 with 275/40/18 on the back . I am thinking on selling my wheels and tires to upgrade to 20s or 20s and 22 combo . But I knoa one think ....my tires that I have are not tall enough .
shortchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:30 AM   #4
HotRodYJ

As you've arlready found you can get conflicting numbers from people supposedly running the same set-ups. I've found the best way is to measure what I've actually got and see how far I can actually go. Go ahead and do your springs or bags, and spindles or whatever you planned other than the frame work and bolt on the correct diameter or tire you plan to run then measure and see how far you can actually go before getting into trouble. That's the only way you'll know for sure what will work. Two trucks are never exactly alike for some reason. You might get close but you can't get exact without seeing what YOU have to work with. Good ol Bob down the road will say he went 2" and Joe around the corner will swear he had to go 4". You just never can believe everything you read on the internet.

Just my 2 cents

My junk: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=480902
HotRodYJ is offline   Reply With Quote