The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
1low1

Clear Tail Lights

hey all, i've been searching for awhile now for clear not euro or altezza type taillights for my 79 jimmy with no luck, but recently i've come across a comp. called klearz they will consider making tail lights as well as turn and side markers with enough interest so if this sounds interesting to any one check their site klearz.com and email em' if you like their stuff
1low1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:03 PM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Clear Tail Lights

I would never do business with a company that had no listed phone number and only contact is email. To many scammers out there for that.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:11 AM   #3
benoit454
Chris

lmc has several different taillights.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
http://www.cardomain.com/id/benwa454
benoit454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:18 AM   #4
1low1

i haven't checked lmc lately,have bought alot off them in the past but i don't remember them having clear tails, as opposed to the uero look witch i really don't want, as far as not dealing with a business with no address or ph. no. i understand, but if you could all just email an interest i'll take the risk LOL i've been looking for this type of lens for close to a year, i really will take the chance!!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:02 AM   #5
84 400
Sb 400 club

I have clear tails on mine but am pretty sure they don't make them any more. I had to place a piece of red reflective tape on each just to pass inspection.

1980 Corvette L-48 4 speed
1992 Mustang GT built 5.0 5 speed

1985 C10 LWB Sold
1982 K10 SWB plow truck Parted out
1986 D30 M1028 fire brush truck Parted out

Last edited by 84 400; 03-06-2008 at 04:02 AM.
84 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #6
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1low1 View Post
i haven't checked lmc lately,have bought alot off them in the past but i don't remember them having clear tails, as opposed to the uero look witch i really don't want, as far as not dealing with a business with no address or ph. no. i understand, but if you could all just email an interest i'll take the risk LOL i've been looking for this type of lens for close to a year, i really will take the chance!!
I don't understand? If you want to buy them go for it why do you need others to email? I think I missed something here, please explain, thanks!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 PM   #7
1low1

the company doesn't currently produce lenses for our trucks if they see the demand they may produce them on their own or i may have to try a group buy, or pay the price of them doing a one time run approx $200 $300
Old 03-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #8
1low1

re 84 400 exactly what i'm lookin' for, i don't think they were DOT approved, nobody up here has them on their trucks anymore, i only drive my truck occasionally so i'll risk it LOL

Last edited by 1low1; 03-05-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #9
1low1

to anyone who frequents other sites and thinks i own this company or am just posting spam read again I AM LOOKING FOR " HELP" IN GETTING THIS COMPANY TO PRODUCE THESE LENSES if there is enough interest generated they will consider producing them, a group buy or a one off run will be the only other options, one off run costing me $200 $300 dollars just lookin for some help getting them done without costing me a fortune lol PS "YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE"

Last edited by 1low1; 03-07-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #10
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What you are looking for is no longer available because it is not legal to run on the street, and will not pass state inspections. While you may be fine with that, there is a reason they aren't being made anymore. It's called lack of demand, and I wouldn't expect much support for your cause.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #11
bigblock73
yeller

1low1, look at it from another point of view.

New user registers, and their very first post is about trying to get others into a group buy for a certain product and supplies a link to a certain company where they can do so. This new user also registers at another truck message board and proceeds to do the very same thing there. What is also strange is that this company has little to no contact information, and appears to be located near the new users location too. Suspicious, or just strange coincidence?

This has happened on this message boards and many others, and is almost always a case of spam.

If you were a long standing member, or even one who has posted numerous times prior to your clear tail light roundup, then more than likely you would have been taken more serious.

Do you understand where I, and others, are coming from, and why some might be skeptical?

Last edited by bigblock73; 03-07-2008 at 07:56 PM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #12
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
to anyone who frequents other sites and thinks i own this company or am just posting spam read again I AM LOOKING FOR " HELP" IN GETTING THIS COMPANY TO PRODUCE THESE LENSES if there is enough interest generated they will consider producing them, a group buy or a one off run will be the only other options, one off run costing me $200 $300 dollars just lookin for some help getting them done without costing me a fortune lol PS "YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE"

I likely shouldn't intervene at this point being bb73 and n2 have posted.. but am.

99% of first posts that are like this are spam plain n simple. Its the trend now for companies to join message boards as users and "spam" products for their clients. It is called viral marketing.

examples
dry ice folks
hot wheels

These examples ae on our sister site, so it is safe to go look..

Most users when they join a forum post an intro talking about themselves or their vehicles etc. Most spammers and marketers first post is talking about a product. That is why most everyone here took this for a spam post. An truthfully in ways it is, even tho unintentional as it may be.

The way you reacted to Chris editing the post on 73-87chevytrucks.com is unreal to me. You could had just explained what was going on and been good to go.
I myself will not tolerate a user new, old or otherwise slamming a site supporting vendor, friend and damn good member here for the way he runs his site. Most of the members here are members there as well and we all have seen the posts that cause this. So not only does he "know who they are" we pretty much all do.

With that said, please review the site rules (located at the top of every forum in the site) before continuing to post. We welcome you to stay and post, and perhaps start over.. but if the attitude portrayed in the abve posts continue, it will be a very short lived stay.

If you have any questions in regards to any of this, please feel free to PM N2TRUX or myself at anytime.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #13
1low1

yes i can understand what you are saying to a point but, i've never needed or been on any site such as these, i saw an ad on a craigslist post looking for people to do the same, i checked the website liked what i saw emailed them and was told what i had posted not in production now maybe with demand or group buy or one off's looking to generate some interest i tried a couple of posts, unfortunatly i'm away from my computer days at a time and cannot spend the time to always respond ( ie other site) but to log in and see the bs posted was a little extreme and unwarranted yea i had a few harsh words and for the record was happy to leave site as i wrote in my edited reply, i find this site larger more informative and obviously friendlier, and as far as these lights bieng illegal i drive my truck roughly 50-100 miles a year in a rural atmosphere i'm really not too concerned, i also just recieved a new lmc catalog and they now stock side markers and front turn lenses for my truck so maybe i'll just dish out the $200-$300 for one offs as i'll only need them to produce tails not the rest LOL!!!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #14
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
yes i can understand what you are saying to a point but, i've never needed or been on any site such as these, i saw an ad on a craigslist post looking for people to do the same, i checked the website liked what i saw emailed them and was told what i had posted not in production now maybe with demand or group buy or one off's looking to generate some interest i tried a couple of posts, unfortunatly i'm away from my computer days at a time and cannot spend the time to always respond ( ie other site) but to log in and see the bs posted was a little extreme and unwarranted yea i had a few harsh words and for the record was happy to leave site as i wrote in my edited reply, i find this site larger more informative and obviously friendlier, and as far as these lights bieng illegal i drive my truck roughly 50-100 miles a year in a rural atmosphere i'm really not too concerned, i also just recieved a new lmc catalog and they now stock side markers and front turn lenses for my truck so maybe i'll just dish out the $200-$300 for one offs as i'll only need them to produce tails not the rest LOL!!!!!
please read my post above as you posted the same time I did. If you have words to say about 73-87 forum again please use the review board, not the general forums.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #15
abebummy26

subscribed this is gonna be good.

1987 GMC S15 (soon to be a chevy clone)
2.5l, 4 speed, no ps, no pb, no ac

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

Spoken by Cletus the hillbilly
I like stickers... a whole bunch.
abebummy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #16
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

You know, I gave you the benefit of the doubt when everyone else was yelling BAN him. All you had to do was make an introduction, or PM me about posting it FIRST, or explain after I gave you the opportunity. You choose to act like a teenager instead of an adult and Swear and Rant on my forum. That gets you banned immediately.

It would still have been spam if you posted an intro and were established as a member with just a couple of non-tailght posts, but I would have allowed it if you had an explanation, as Liz pointed out. Your whole intention for joining my site appears was for spreading the spam about a product that you wanted, not to be a member in my opinion.

Heck, I am getting one off things made for 73-87 Chevy trucks, I could have contributed to the cause if there was enough interest...

So now you come over here and instead of staying on topic, you are still bashing and ranting my site, what kind of support do you think you are going to get with that? Do you want people to buy into these taillights or do you want to come over hear and bash my forum. I am confused which you are trying to do. You may want Liz to split your ranting out to another board so people won't think to badly of you.

BTW, as you have found, Liz, Josh and myself KNOW each other. As do bigblock73, N2TRUX and every other member on this forum. I have been on this forum longer than mine has existed. If I see a potential problem on my site, I give them a heads up. The community isn't just per forum.

Heck with an real apology, and some proof that you have more to offer than just getting a bunch of 73-87 owners to get you some tailights for cheap, I will let you back on my forum. It really doesn't matter to me if you are on there or not though, but with your attitude as of right now......

As always Liz, yank whatever you feel needs to be removed from my post...
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com

Last edited by Captkaos; 03-08-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #17
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Chris your post is fine, its truth and thought out.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:56 AM   #18
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:38 AM   #19
abebummy26

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
x2

1987 GMC S15 (soon to be a chevy clone)
2.5l, 4 speed, no ps, no pb, no ac

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

Spoken by Cletus the hillbilly
I like stickers... a whole bunch.
abebummy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:47 AM   #20
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post