The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2008, 05:21 AM   #1
Inherited71

Re: Does anyone run a powertrax?

I put on in my 71 felt good at first. It would lock one side then unlock the other. Came back home pulled the cover cheked it all out looked good. Found out that air pressure in the tires were off (slicks) matched them up drove it around felt good. Stoped in the road Stalled it up and let it have it felt awsome till the thing Ulocked or if you will disengaed BOTH sides hit the high side chip @ 6800 RPM. Oh on the way home locking and unlocking. Called Eaton told them what was happening and did I do any thing wrong during the install they said no.(went through the install process) They said to return it. So I called summit and all is well. Eaton did ask how much power I was making & I said about 550 or so the first thing he said after that was send it back. So my recomendation would be a spool or a POSI. This is just my experience.
Inherited71 is offline   Reply With Quote