The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Nude Pictures!!!

Just kidding guys, figured an epic title would make for some more views?

You can consider it as nude pictures if you think of a truck frame with no bed on it as a nude frame. lol

Well, hate me or love me for it but this is how I'm doing my frame. POR 15 to be honest, is just out of my budget right now as I'm trying to get this thing on the road as soon as possible.

Here's nothing,

By dylanandrews, shot with DSC-P200 at 2008-06-20

By dylanandrews, shot with DSC-P200 at 2008-06-01

I still gotta finish up sanding some things with a Scoth Brite Pad so I can get the paint on clean and get rid of that rust. Then it's time for the inside of the frame and the bottom to finish it all off. Tell me what you guys think.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan

Last edited by *Dylan; 06-21-2008 at 12:07 AM.
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
semperfidoordie
Fix It Till It's Broke

Re: Nude Pictures!!!

looks great!
Blue Dragon: 72 K-10 SOLD!
The Tank 77 K-10 KIA

panhandler62: Just don't search for "trannys" no matter how hard yours shifts -- you just won't get what you are looking for.

I Made The Official So Cal Board Meet
semperfidoordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Thanks, I'm just hoping it stays looking great lol.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 06-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #4
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Looks good man! Did you ever find a manifold? The one I though I had is MIA. I am going tomorrow to pick up a military diesel for my '67 C-30, and I will pulling the 292 out it shortly if you haven't found one by then.
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!

Last edited by 67_C-30; 06-20-2008 at 09:29 PM.
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #5
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Still haven't managed to get my hands on one. I have a friend that has the manifold and carb I need but he has to ask his dad if he'll sell it. Then I also have a guy on the board that's supposed to be pulling a manifold and carb off of his truck soon and get me a shipping/total price quote on it. Let me know when you do get it off though and we'll work something out if I still don't have one.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 06-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #6
msgross

looks good, try this stuff sometime....

www.nomorerust.com Only cost me about $60 to do all of mine, that's my frame on their website...
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #7
88JRFAN
LET'S GO RACIN'

Is it priced reasonablly? How good did it cover? Thanks Daren

71 CHEVY 3/4 4X4 402 BB, th400/np205, dana44/eaton ho52 w/4:10-TOY

Rip El Jay
RIP BOBBO'S MOM
88JRFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:35 PM   #8
BarryB

with his questioning. I want to know the same thing.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!

Last edited by BarryB; 06-20-2008 at 11:36 PM.
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #9
tim21391

what did u do cuz im pretty sure you had some rust right??...im getting ready to do some cab corner patch work and i need new bed crossmembers and my frame and everything is rust and im pretty sure ts just surface rust...and i dont want to spend an arm and a leg...do you think using a wire/buffer wheel on a drill or something would work to get it to metal so i can use this spray stuff u used???
2013 Mustang V6/6speed w/300 ponies
I may be 23, but i sure do knows 67-72s are sexy!
Its not MPG its smiles per gallon!
build started 11/25/08
build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=2993796
tim21391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #10
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88JRFAN View Post
Is it priced reasonablly? How good did it cover? Thanks Daren
It's not bad at all, I got it for $9.00 a can and it took a can and a smidge of another to do two full coats on the back half of my frame. It covered pretty good, stuff is super sticky though so if you get some on your fingers wash it off immediately(I've got two black fingers haha). Come tomorrow when I have better light outside I'll take some more shots of all of it fully dried so you can see what the final product looks like. I'll try a few little "durability" tests on it too.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 06-20-2008, 11:48 PM   #11
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim21391 View Post
what did u do cuz im pretty sure you had some rust right??...im getting ready to do some cab corner patch work and i need new bed crossmembers and my frame and everything is rust and im pretty sure ts just surface rust...and i dont want to spend an arm and a leg...do you think using a wire/buffer wheel on a drill or something would work to get it to metal so i can use this spray stuff u used???
I used a wire wheel to do the majority of the frame and I'm taking a scotch brite pad to the little nooks and crannies tomorrow to finish it off. After I used the wire wheel I just used some shop rags bought from Advance Auto Parts and put some Mineral Spirits on them and cleaned all the grinded paint/rust/dirt off. After that I used another rag to give it a dry wipe then it was onto paint. You can paint this stuff straight onto metal and that's what I did, no primer was used.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 06-20-2008, 11:54 PM   #12
tim21391

another question i got is...would you think this would work on like coils and stuff like that i dont know why they wouldnt...let me know please im thinkin about doing this to my longbed
build started 11/25/08
Old 06-20-2008, 11:56 PM   #13
tim21391

and glad to see another 17 year old that has a truck like these...everybody my age keeps tellin me to sell it and get me a new car...they tihnk im nuts because i will never sell it no matter on what the price is
build started 11/25/08
Old 06-20-2008, 11:56 PM   #14
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim21391 View Post
another question i got is...would you think this would work on like coils and stuff like that i dont know why they wouldnt...let me know please im thinkin about doing this to my longbed
I'm not sure, I had just planned on painting the coils a flat black, I might have to try this on the coils as well though. Once I get this thing on the road I'll let you guys know how it all holds up. Shouldn't be to long now, just gotta find an exhaust manifold and 1 Bbl Carb.

I got all kinds of responses from my friends when I brought this thing home, who cares what they think though. They've got no clue about how cool these trucks can look and obviously they also have no clue on how these trucks are doing nothing but appreciating in value. It's an investment for the future.

And, for those of you who haven't seen the before picture...Without further ado, here it is.

By dylanandrews, shot with DSC-P200 at 2008-06-01
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan

Last edited by *Dylan; 06-21-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:24 AM   #15
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

Looks great Dylan. Alot better than the can made me think.
I think that stuff dries flexible, so i don't see why painting a coil spring would hurt anything. But, why not just use some rattle can spray on the springs? I'm sure it'd hold up for a while. Same with the frame. That stuff should work out just fine. Nice work on the prep and application. You can tell you took your time with how nicely the frame looks.
Whatcha got planned next after the frame's finished?
exmonkeypunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:44 AM   #16
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

After the frames finished...Haven't really put much thought into that haha. I figure I'll get my exhaust manifold and my carb, then put those on and bolt up the new exhaust system that's been in the corner of my room for two or so months now. After that comes the engine tune up and I'll finally have a driving vehicle again! Been about two months, actually I think three now without a vehicle. It blows seeing as this would have been my first summer with a mode of transportation other than parents. Then since it's all in nice working condition comes sandblasting or media blasting. I had a guy give me a quote of 300.00 for my whole truck sand blasted. I've heard media is better though so I'll have to find someone to give me a quote on that as well. Then it's going into primer and the bodywork can begin. Just got a cab corner in the mail and I suppose I'll start stock piling body panels/patches for the time when I start on all of it. I'm tired of typing and tired of being awake so I'm out now.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 06-21-2008, 01:52 AM   #17
milled

I like using that stuff all ready thru 10 cans on my ride. GOOD STUFF! BTW NICE PROJECT THERE!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:58 AM   #18
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

Not having your ride right now may suck, but while all your friends parents are buying them cars or letting them drive theirs, you'll be pulling up in a ride you built yourself, no pride will ever amount to that, you'll be "too cool for school" in no time.... not really though, you're never too cool for education....... i'm a nerd.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:45 AM   #19
HoupPhotography

That stuff works great, I used it on my Jeep frame and axles. It makes a HUGE difference and looks great on your truck!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #20
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Phew, that's some weight off of my shoulders haha. I hadn't ever heard of anyone using this stuff on their frame and I was praying it wasn't a huge mistake. It was a kind of spur of the moment type of thing I thought up while I was in Advance. Thanks for the comments guys. As for the spray, it's dried now and looks the exact same as when it was wet. It's pretty tough and it looks great.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 06-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #21
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967 C10 Dylan View Post
Still haven't managed to get my hands on one. I have a friend that has the manifold and carb I need but he has to ask his dad if he'll sell it. Then I also have a guy on the board that's supposed to be pulling a manifold and carb off of his truck soon and get me a shipping/total price quote on it. Let me know when you do get it off though and we'll work something out if I still don't have one.
The frame looks great. I will be buying a few cans tomorrow. Now what kind of manifold were you looking for? Stock or aluminium? I have an old stock cast iron one sitting up.
VDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #22
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDOG View Post
The frame looks great. I will be buying a few cans tomorrow. Now what kind of manifold were you looking for? Stock or aluminium? I have an old stock cast iron one sitting up.
Looking for the stock exhaust manifold for my 250.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 06-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #23
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Looking for the stock exhaust manifold for my 250.
A 6 cyl manifold. Sorry mine is an 8. Im going to Long Beach Hi Performance Swapmeet tomorrow. How much are you willing to spend on one?
VDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #24
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Looking at $50.00 to $60.00 shipped. If you see one and it's priced reasonably let me know. Used doesnt matter, just make sure it's perfectly functional and doesn't have any cracks or holes.

Also, if you see a 1 Bbl Rochester carb that doesn't need to be fixed let me know as well. Wanting to spend about the same amount shipped on that as I am for the Manifold.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan

Last edited by *Dylan; 06-21-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #25
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

Quote:
Looking at $50.00 to $60.00 shipped. If you see one and it's priced reasonably let me know. Used doesnt matter, just make sure it's perfectly functional and doesn't have any cracks or holes.

Also, if you see a 1 Bbl Rochester carb that doesn't need to be fixed let me know as well. Wanting to spend about the same amount shipped on that as I am for the Manifold.
single barrel rochester carb is what you're looking for?
Those are the same carbs Corvair's use.
I have 2 laying around, but they are both original from 1965 so they need work.
If that is the same carb you're needing, let me check with a guy i know who has literally hundreds of single barrel holley and rochester carbs in his basement.
This is the best pic i have right now of the carbs i got. Let me know if what you're needing looks like these.
[IMG][/IMG]