The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
veener88

Part out or restore a 1969 C10

have run into a problem and I am not sure what to do.

This was the introduction to what I have for a truck. I started the tear down and that is it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=216295

This is the problem I am looking to get back into racing in a little over a year. I am going to do dirt track racing witn a super stock class. I will be running a mid 80's monte carlo type body and frame.

This is where I have a problem. I have to run a stock motor. I can change out the cams and change to solid state lifters. But that engine in the 80's did have have the HP that this truck has being all stock. I am wondering with a truck in this shape is it work the retoration or should I part out the truck and take the money from that and the engine from it and put it into a racing setup? I am not sure if this truck will be worth what I will have to put into it.

What do you all think?

I am just not sure what to do right now. I know the grill on that truck is in good shape and is worth some cash. I am just not sure where to go with it.

1954 3600
1969 C10 V8 4bl
1993 K3500 Crew Cab Duely 454 with Allison Trans
veener88 is offline   Reply With Quote