The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2003, 07:00 PM   #26
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Manes from the Kansas City area was there along with another guy with lots of new stuff. Then there were a number of tables with lots of used stuff.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 08:34 PM   #27
71blksuper4x4
SWB 4x4 Collector

yah.... me and my dad went and were there from about 11-1:30 or so. There was about the usual parts for are trucks. Non-tach dashes, arm rests, glove box doors, etc. Then of course there was mane's and a guy across from him. Mane's was able to get my seat covers in but I got a pass. mirror from him and kick panels that are set up for speakers but that you have to cut out for yourself for $55. I saved $10 on a gas tank cover at the guy acrossed from Mane's and almost walked away with some new 70-71 door panels for $100. So close....... Anyway still was worth the day. I met Ironhorse but didn't know it was him. If you read this Ironhorse.... I am the kid that was with his dad that asked about a 4x4 shifter boot.
1971 Cheyenne Super 4x4 swb (tilt,tach,buckets, original blue shoulder belts,am/fm,cruise,tow hooks, dealer 8 track)
1972 Cheyenne Super K20 4x4 Custom Camper (tilt, tach, am/fm, tow hooks, bed toolbox, aux gas tank
1972 Cheyenne Super Crew Cab K30 4x4 Duramax, Allison, np205, buckets, tow hooks (CURRENT PROJECT)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=624819
1989 V3500 Crew Cab (454tbi, NV4500, np205)
1970 Chevelle SS (LS5 454,th400,8track,buckets,tach)
:2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (daily driver)

WTB: 1968-70 Cruise Control Lever
71blksuper4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 10:18 PM   #28
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

Well, I missed the meeting again. Got back to Ironhorse's table a few minutes too late. Went back later and he wasn't there. I did bring home a pair of Holley cast valve covers for $30. Looked at a bunch of them for $45-60 until I found a good pair and the guy said he would let them go for $30. Saw some bench seats for sell, but they wanted too much for them. I'll have to hit the junkyards. Doubt if I make it back tomorrow, I'll have to see.

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 12:14 AM   #29
Stroker

I didn't have much luck finding anyone today so I'll try it again in the morning. There were a ton of people milling around in that place looked like they did ok on the parking at $3 a vehicle.I don't remember there ever being a charge before. BTW did anyone come across any good rust free doors today?
Old 02-08-2003, 09:12 PM   #30
70cst10_05

did anyone else see that guy that had a 6 cylinder tach dash???i didn't ask how much he wanted for it but it only went up to 40 so i didn't bother. What all did you guys buy??i got a yellow edelbrock performer intake w/ a rebuilt q-jet on it for 125, a engine dress up kit for 30 bucks (includes valve covers + grommets, timing cover, valve cover breather deal, dipstick and had to buy tiedowns serperate), a radiator support 10 bucks(thanks greg) and i think thats bout it. so over all a good day, it was a long ride down there and back but i think it was worth it, who is all gonna be at lincoln the 9th of march? i went last year and it was a pretty good turnout, i may have some stuff there, so come see me.
kevin
1972 Chevy Suburban K/10

2019 Silverado 2500 Duramax

Kevin
70cst10_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:38 PM   #31
Ironhorse

Hi to all the Wichita swap meet attendees. Met some and missed some from the board here, Sorry to those I missed.

Yukon, nice to visit with you again. Enjoyed walking, talking and checking the parts with you. Hope the rear slider keeps that BBC cab cool when you get it in. Thanks for the sale.

Trevor, I do remember you and your Dad asking about the transfer lever boot. Sorry I could not help but had sold the one I had earlier that morning. Sorry I did not make the connection with you as a fellow board member. Perhaps at a future swap meet or show we can get together.

Fred T, Sorry did not meet you at the booth. I nearly missed Yukon Jack as I was not paying attention to my watch and he had mentioned his trying to come around at 1:00 or so. Lot's of people coming and going. Are you looking for a stock bench seat for your truck or a custom/after market? I do have 2 stock bench seats that are in pretty nice shape for a driver if that is what you are needing. Let me know and perhaps I can bring them to Wichita sometime and let you take a look. I work in Wichita and it would be no problem after I get my truck back on the road. (Broken ball stud on the engine side, have the part now, just need to get it back together.)

Gregs_place, was nice to see you again. Been quite a while since you helped me out with the vent glass windows. They cleaned up quite nice, will have to come by with the truck some time and let you check it out. Keep me in mind if you ever find a truck tilt for a floor shift.

Stroker, I must have missed you the whole time as I was coming and going from my booth. I was out scouting the possibilites for parts on my '71 Chevelle SS. Was able to score a nice, black '71 SS steering wheel and found a nice, original pair of SS door panel emblems I had been needing. Will talk to you at work sometime.

I had a flyer handed to me in my booth concerning a swap meet coming up the 8th & 9th of May at the Wichita Greyhound Park for all who might be interested. First time swap meet by the Wichita area Shriners. I don't think I will set up for that but will go check it out. Maybe I will see some of you then.

Again, sorry I missed some members but I'm sure there will be more swap meets in the future along with some car show to attend. Hope we have better luck at connections then.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote