The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2008, 06:36 AM   #29
Old Chevy Mech
Keepin it runnin!

Re: what did you get done for your truck this weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Hey Frank, do you have a name or part number for the sealer you used? How was it to work with? Thanks.

LockDoc
Hey!

It was the 3M stuff, 8361. I went to "West Marine" supply and purchased those empty caulk tubes where you can put anything in them, cut the foil pack, stuffed the end in and squeezed it into the caulk tube. I used it just like caulk then, and resealed the tube when done. I originally bought 2 foil packs, I would up only using the one. The stuff reacted just like the instructions say, except in my opinion you are not going to effectively "brush" the stuff on! I simply masked the area off, spread/smoothed it with my finger. I pulled the tape/masking immediately. It turned out ok, not "precision perfect as I had hoped, but then it was my first use of the product. I suggest making a small "trowl" from a body filler applicator, cut it about 3/4" -5/8" wide and use that to smooth it. I did just that when repairing the 2 small front seams above the windshield, and it worked great.

Frank

"Liberty Means Responsibility, that is why most men dread it"
Old Chevy Mech is offline   Reply With Quote