The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
Dustin07
Stirrer of the Pot

bedwood for new body trucks

I'm going to put a wooden bedfloor in my '99. I do not want to spend over $1000 on it though, and I'd like to do most of it myself. Because I enjoy it, but also to save money.

I will be using sheet metal to smooth out the inner bedwalls, and tubs. so it will basically be a nice square all the way around.

I'm trying to figure out two things... what type of wood should I use, and what shoudl I use for rails? I saw this for the older trucks and thought something similar, but long enough for my truck would be cool:

my other concern, is that I dont' want to remove the ENTIRE metal floor from my truck. I like having it there for the sake of keeping it rigid and strong. This is what it looks like now (work in progress):

you can see my notch showing, I plan to build the wood bed right above that.

here is a rough shot of my buddy's truck so you can see how he did his tubs and smoothed the walls. I plan to smooth the front wall too though, and go with smaller tubs (he was body dropping his)

Dustin07 is offline   Reply With Quote