The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
leddzepp

WTB: Tilt steering Parts

I am looking for the 2 pieces that make up the filter for the shift indicator light on a tilt steering column. It is part number 3779994 in the pic below from ClassicBowties. Does anyone have these metal and plastic pieces? I tried the dealership because I would guess these came on many different GM cars but they cannot cross reference a newer part number.
Attached Images

leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #2
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: WTB: Tilt steering Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
Does anyone have these metal and plastic pieces? I tried the dealership because I would guess these came on many different GM cars but they cannot cross reference a newer part number.
Scott, all the parts shown in that pic. are listed with their original pn's and mostly all discontinued, last time I checked the indicator lens and the indicator retainer were available yet. The replacement indicator retainer is now pn.14010013, and is also now junk (in my book) due to being molded in plastic instead of potmetal.

Here are the parts that you asked for, I will take $10. for the oem console ashtray, $15. apiece on the buckle holders (these came from a 71 suburban with buckets/console and shoulder belts) and $10. on the light filter. Lmk
Attached Images

Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:32 AM   #3
leddzepp

Thanks Mel, I will definitely take the ash tray and light filter. Here is a pic of what I thought the buckle holders looked like for the console. Are these from a different year?
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
Thanks Mel, I will definitely take the ash tray and light filter. Here is a pic of what I thought the buckle holders looked like for the console. Are these from a different year?
I have seen that type of plastic buckle clip mounted to the front lower edge of the bench seat frames on a couple of trucks (reg. lap belt trucks), but am thinking that these are more commonly seen in GM cars of the same era. Over the years, I have seen a couple nos kits that were offered from the original GM accessories line on ebay, but they were always listed as a car accessory.

Maybe wait a bit for some of the option guru's to add some info. I can say that shoulder belts/buckets/console are a fairly rare combination to find, in that I have only came across a three or four that I can ever remember seeing, I can say for sure that one was a 71 burb and another was a 72 K/5 CST w/highlander package and they both had this type of buckle holder mounted on the center consoles. On another note I have also found/purchased a couple loose swap meet consoles with these holders mounted. As for you needing the upper shoulder belt boots, I am not parting with any right now, but you could check with board member Rod, I got a set from him last year.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #5
leddzepp

Thanks Mel, your information again is very much appreciated. I will take everything in the pics. PM sent.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Scott, here are the other parts you asked about. If you want them it would be another $58... for the parts and $6... more added for the combined shipping (due to larger/longer box for ant.). Lmk, Mel
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #7
msgross

I might have those tilt items, i am changing a tilt over to floor shift...

when do you need them?
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:27 AM   #8
leddzepp

Mel- Here is a pic of the only bracket left, so I guess I need all of the ones in your pic, except this one that was left behind (there is an aftermarket radio in there now, with a home made strap on the factory firewall bracket) and I still have the radio antenna. I am guessing that the rectangular shaped bracket would be for the speaker?
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #9
chipflyer

Here is what the assembly manual shows for the buckle holders. I was under the assumption that the cup style were used on trucks or vans without consoles but I don't know for sure. Your style is different than any other that I have seen on EBAY Zepp. You want to sell them?

Jeff
Attached Images

1971 Cheyenne Super K10 - tilt, cruise, air, am/fm, tow hooks, factory buckets!
1986 Jeep J10 pickup, - 5.3L Vortec with 4L60e and NP241.
chipflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #10
leddzepp

Chipflyer- Thanks for the pic and info...you wouldn't happen to have a set of shoulder harness covers (boots) that attach at the cab pillar end, would you? PM sent.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #11
leddzepp

Hey Mel- Here are some pics of what I was telling you about yesterday. I asked the previous owner 71Super (thanks Harold!) about the blue wire and he was not sure what it was for as he never used it. He guesses it might be for an electic antenna or external accessory?? I thought the same thing, it looks factory and not spliced in, but I cannot be sure. It has P.E.D stamped on the plug connector.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #12
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Scott, I just added the pics that we talked about yesterday under the thread title: Am/Fm comparison pics for leddzepp. Posted about the same time you posted the above rear case pictures, I have not seen that blue wire before on any of the Van am/fm's that I have had, but I would agree with harold about the power antenna possibility. Mel

Last edited by Classic Bowties; 10-03-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #13
leddzepp

Mel- how do I look at the pics?
Oops...I see them now...thanks!

Last edited by leddzepp; 10-03-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #14
72swbcamo

Mel: How much do you want for the antenna?
72swbcamo is offline   Reply With Quote