The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Why can't I post an ad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Ok it's my turn. A few years ago at one of the meets before there were any subs here I lobbied Josh hard to have a across the board fee to post. Josh wouldn't consider it saying that it would cut many out that really don't have the money. (Some boards do do this) In that I think Josh is very generous to keep this going for what he gets back from subscriptions. It costs a lot of money for a server big enough for this site. Josh has several projects going and none of them are finished as far as I know. He sees the trucks guys here are building. I think it would be awesome for J to make a little extra to be able to put some money in "his" project instead of putting all of his extra money into this site.

Check out what it costs to put an ad into a local newpaper to look for something or sell something.

Ok now hate me for trying to get your money and I'm done.

agreed.. and not on a personal basis. Josh has always put this site ahead of his projects.. His baby, the reason this site was started, still sits in Tx at his Dads house 2 years after we moved into our house.. why? there is never enough time or money to go get it. His panel is there as well... The 67 project we picked up here to have one to drive sits not finished as well. why? who has the time to actually work on the truck, when we have to do site work in our spare time
This is so not whining.. just agreeing totally with your words Mudder. Josh has sacrificed alot over the years to keep this place going. Im gonna hush now as I shouldnt even be involved in this discussion on this level to begin with

one final thing though, the its only $25 comments... just so ya'll know, sometimes $25 is not a small amount. There had been times in my life, where $25 was what I had to feed my children for a week... some folks just can not spare an extra $25. I fully understand what ya'll mean by saying its only $25 etc etc.. but just keep in mind that at times to some $25 may as well be $2500. I hate to see anyone feel badly about that.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote