The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #26
ashx2

Re: Pictures as promised

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostat4500 View Post
I wasn't speaking in terms off reliability, or cost of repair (personally I'd rather diag a new truck anyway), but in terms of comfort. The old stuff just isn't as nice to drive as newer stuff.
Wrong. The beauty and comfort is in the eye and backside of the driver. These trucks are classics and turn heads everywhere they go. When I got back into the '72 that I sold my newer model Ranger for.......my heart swelled up.

The only thing I don't like about my '72 is the bounce of the front end when going over dips at intersections......and a new set of shocks should take care of that in the near future.

The newer vehicles may have a bunch of fancy bells and whistles......but they just can't touch the "classic" level that these trucks have achieved.

Greg
ashx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #27
theyammieguy
accepting donations

Well, trying to get the wipers to work and I'm finding more and more rust, but oh well.

As far as it being my daily driver...yes and no. I own two motorcycles and they are my daily drivers. My truck is only used on rainy days.

My old intruder and the roadstar chop Im building are rigid's so comfort really isnt an issue.

I would like this truck to be a little more stiff in the rear end. It has new rear springs but that back end gets a bouncing. I never knew the rear suspension was like this on older trucks. Looks like some kind of ladder bar type suspension which Im sure the bushings are shot.

See my builds here>http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/nickrp_2006/

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
David Crockett
theyammieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #28
theyammieguy
accepting donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Rob View Post
Nice truck man look slike a good start where about in houston are you?

Im on the southside.
Beltway 8 and Beamer.

David Crockett
Old 11-24-2008, 08:55 PM   #29
rwilhi

Nice truck! Congrats
2007 Honda ST1300
rwilhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #30
70cst

You now can ride and drive in class. You now have a "Cool" factor that the 91 can't touch. People will always give a 67-72 Chevy a second look while other trucks are just... Wait and see which truck will be worth more down the road and also which will be more desirable? Nice lookin truck!!!

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 11-24-2008 at 09:06 PM.
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #31
LEEVON

4K, you should sleep good on that. It's a solid swb with a newer drivetrain. Detroit ain't making these things anymore!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:41 PM   #32
boostat4500

Wow, didn't mean to strike such a chord. I never meant to imply that these trucks weren't cool or classic. Just stating my opinion, just like everyone else. I will be the first person to laugh at, as I call them, "cookie cutter" trucks driving down the road. You know, the lifted crew cab diesel with 22" wheels that looks exactley like the one next to it. I pride myself on having a truck that is different and unique from everyone elses. I've never seen another with the same setup as mine. That's what I love about these trucks. I daily drove my suburban for the last 2 years, and I'm over it. At the end of the day when I just want to get home, the newer truck is just nicer. So now I have the best of both worlds. When I want to cruise and have a little fun I take the burb, if not, I don't have to. Maybe the small 2wd trucks are different, I've always had lifted 4x's in this year range of truck, but the noise and ride quality gets old after a while.
Anyways, long live the 67-72, best body style ever, and again, good luck with the new project.

Last edited by boostat4500; 11-24-2008 at 11:47 PM.
boostat4500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:22 AM   #33
chevy29267truck
Account Suspended

Sweet looking truck
chevy29267truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:55 PM   #34
theyammieguy
accepting donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
You now can ride and drive in class. You now have a "Cool" factor that the 91 can't touch. People will always give a 67-72 Chevy a second look while other trucks are just... Wait and see which truck will be worth more down the road and also which will be more desirable? Nice lookin truck!!!

Lol, it was a 2001.

David Crockett
Old 11-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #35
theyammieguy
accepting donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostat4500 View Post
Wow, didn't mean to strike such a chord. I never meant to imply that these trucks weren't cool or classic. Just stating my opinion, just like everyone else. I will be the first person to laugh at, as I call them, "cookie cutter" trucks driving down the road. You know, the lifted crew cab diesel with 22" wheels that looks exactley like the one next to it. I pride myself on having a truck that is different and unique from everyone elses. I've never seen another with the same setup as mine. That's what I love about these trucks. I daily drove my suburban for the last 2 years, and I'm over it. At the end of the day when I just want to get home, the newer truck is just nicer. So now I have the best of both worlds. When I want to cruise and have a little fun I take the burb, if not, I don't have to. Maybe the small 2wd trucks are different, I've always had lifted 4x's in this year range of truck, but the noise and ride quality gets old after a while.
Anyways, long live the 67-72, best body style ever, and again, good luck with the new project.

Shoot, dont sweat it. When I want to have fun I hop on my wifes GSXR 750.

David Crockett