The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2008, 12:31 AM   #1
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Are Our Trucks Hard To Find?

-
I hear a lot of talk about the older trucks getting hard to find and I'm sure in some areas they are. On my trip to Texas and back I saw no less than 25 '67-'72 Chevy and GMC trucks sitting along the road and behind houses/sheds/garages. We missed our turn at Langley, Oaklahoma and had to drive on down through Spavinaw and Salina to get to Pryor. I saw at least 10, 60-72 Chevy and GMC pickups along that stretch of road alone. There was what looked to be a pretty nice Suburban in North Houston at Miracle Auto Parts. He was asking $5000 for it. It had been re-done but had some damage on the passenger side. I didn't crawl under it but the interior looked pretty nice and it had a tilt wheel. I don't think it was worth $5000 but if a guy could pick it up for $3500 or $4000 and had the parts to fix it I think it would make a nice truck. My son-in-law is supposed to take some pics of it and e-mail them to me… There was one sitting along the road in Vienna, Mo (not too far South of 72blckbuty) that didn't look too bad. I know you can't really tell what they are like by driving by and I also know that some of them would not be for sale but my point is that there are still plenty of these trucks around if you get off the beaten path and do some looking. I know about the pics but if I stopped to take pics of every truck I saw I would still be on my way to Texas instead of down & back already….

What are your thoughts on this?

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 12-07-2008 at 12:34 AM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote