The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2008, 01:59 AM   #14
79blazer

Re: Well, I gave it a go,,,

I am not a professional painter, but here is a technique i use: watch the wetness of the hood as you spray. Hold your head at the right angle as to see the reflection in the primer. Look at it at an angle that you can see a reflection of a light or something. "Pull" that wetness across the hood. That will eliminate the streaks. Looks like you need to turn down the paint and air flow, try more settings.

While cooler weather isn't ideal, I just shot a minivan bumper cover in 50-60 degree weather. I had to turn down the pain to detail gun speeds, but it still came out with only trace of orange peel.

I like the doing one panel at a time thing. For me at least, after painting for awhile, it can be easy to get sloppy and make mistakes. Especially when your arm is starting to ache and just mentally tired.

Last edited by 79blazer; 12-24-2008 at 02:15 AM.
79blazer is offline   Reply With Quote