The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
Woogeroo

Talking Re: Aftermarket suppliers of parts for '60-'66 Chevy trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILRED66 View Post
Woog:

I knew you had done your comprehensive list and thanks for sharing it again. I wasn't trying to steal your thunder, just thought I would fire up the thread for others input. Thanks for all your hard work and sharing this information.
LilRed66;

No thunder stolen, I was just sharing the new URL location!

I also added a few links from your post to there... I only keep that list of links online so I can share what little I have found with other truck people, 24/7.

In my book this forum and others is all about sharing what we know to have cool running trucks that we can all enjoy. Doing that requires parts sources! I found many years ago when I started researching old chevy trucks that some chevy truck oriented sites had 10 or so vendors links, then another one had 5 or 6 more, so I just started putting them all together as I found a lot of folks had no idea about all of the vendors, the options of parts, prices and how much closer some vendors are to them... so that is how my little list got started. It's all about sharing the information.

protrash64;

yes, that shipping and handling fee is definitely something you have to look out for. Some places also have parts that fit better or have a better finish, from the things I have read on the body panels. You really need to do the homework searching the various old truck forums in the body areas to find out other truck folks experience. Finding posts by other folks and emailing or private messaging them will pay off in many ways with good information or even some photos. Most folks are pretty good about sharing what they know.

I had an issue one time where I ordered several things together, but they were out of one or two of the items. They shipped the rest of my stuff without contacting me but hit me for the full order... but later shipped me the rest. I would have liked to have been contacted prior, seems good business practice, but that is how some folks work. *shrug*

-W

Last edited by Woogeroo; 12-28-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Woogeroo is offline   Reply With Quote