The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #31
Brento

Re: Arrrgggg!!! What is wrong with me.

I told you I felt your pain but...Looks like the TV and this site will suffer from some Brento withdrawles over the next couple of days!! (You folks do kick some serious butt here and the info is invaluable so I may sneak in for some advice!) It's gonna literally be metal madness in the garage for the next 4 days. I got my rockers, pillars, and kick panels in and took the next 4 days off work thanks to awesome communication with my supplier. I have to share this story. GMC Pauls kicked A$$ with the shipping/packaging of my parts and his prices and part quality is exceptional. My job keeps me on and off the road so timing can be critical and will lead me to saying "I'll get to it after the next trip". I placed an order on New Years Eve and did a follow up on Tuesday. The only reason I even bothered them with a follow up was due to some warmer weather swinging through this weekend and I thought if the moons, stars, etc. were aligned, I could get some work done. First I was amazed my bank had processed payment so quickly so i dropped GMC Pauls an e-mail. Had a personal response in an hour telling me my parts would be here Wednesday. I was blown away. Holiday, weekend, and my parts are on my porch 4 business days later. WOW!! If they were to stock the Super Wal-Mart inventory I wouldn't have to go shopping until I needed gas for work. The parts are here so I'll be getting through, what to me is, the most daunting and critical repairs I have to make. Already had the corners on hand and finally finished a full floor replacement last week so this gets me waaaay ahead of my procrastinated schedule. I'll definately take some pics and spend some time on my build thread to show my trials and tribulations. BTW I used to be a site supporter a couple of years ago and took a break from my build and let things fall to the wayside but inspiration and education from the peeps here has pulled me back into the fold. My name should be in blue soon.
Ya'll need to stop making excuses and get out there and work on your dang trucks!!