The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
MXmaniac

Flatbed idea

Here are some quick drawings I did in Paint of how I plan to build a flatbed for my '64 LWB. I won't get around to building the bed for a few months, but I wanted to show y'all what I have bouncing around in my head.

I'm in the process of lowering the front of my truck 4"(stepped LCAs and CPP springs). The rear will get blocks and springs for a 6" drop. The frame will be 2x4 steel, mounted to the original bed cross-sills, with a wooden plank surface. I will use trailer fenders mounted to the axle that will hug the tires and ride about 1" above the tires. For taillights and brake lights I will use dual '59 Caddy taillights on each side.

To give you an idea of my overall plan for the truck, it will be a traditional style hot rod/custom. The trim will be shaved(except for fender emblems), and the body will be painted flat metallic copper, with a cream grill, interior, and engine bay. The motor is a 250ci, that will get stovebolt cast headers, intake/carb, cam, and 307 pistons. Exhaust will be glasspacks, and will dump on the sides in front of the tires. Transmission is the stock three-speed with column shifter, with a 6 ball shift knob(for the 6 cyl motor). Steel wheels painted the same cream color as the grill and interior, with baby moons and beauty rings.

So far its coming along nicely. I'm an 18 year old kid with no job so progress is slow due to my low budget. But in a way it makes it fun working with what you have.
Attached Images

'97 F*rd Mustang GT(4.6L, 5-speed) Daily Driver
If I only wanted two pedals I'd have bought a bicycle.
MXmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote