The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
tucnnuts
if they can make it so can I!

Re: Need Help with Wheels!!!

guys is the conversion rotors diff from the 88 model 3/4 rotors(6lug ones)?....i used the 88 /89 rotors and spindles(some where in there) with the 71-72 model 3/4 lower a arms with the 88 lower balljoints....change out uppers balljoints with the 881/2 ton one i think, maybe the 3/4 ..might be the same cant remember...the studs will be 14mm by 1.5 ...i then milled down the hub center in the rear axle to fit the newer wheel centers and put 14mm studs in , you might could buy some axles from strange or somebody like that with the bigger studs already in them , i used the rear 6 lug rotors from like a 99 tahoe and made brakets for the calipers( they sell them too) but if you do have the axles cut down to save on the momey and dont change to the newer disc, have them leave enuff of the old hub center to re center the drum on the studs...this will give you all the lastest rim choices and offsets...just me think-n oh yeah , prob goin to have to drill the drum to fit the new studs too.
tucnnuts is offline   Reply With Quote