The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2009, 01:07 AM   #76
breeh
Recovering 67-72 Addict

Re: Seat Belts -n- Seat Belt Tickets

Boog, I understand what you are saying but I believe that there is an additional component of keeping a driver in the seat behind the wheel. Even in mild performance driving it is nice to have yourself strapped in so that you can maintain proper control.

"Friends call me cruzer cuz I like fast cars and fast women"
breeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #77
Skirkpat

Re: Seat Belts -n- Seat Belt Tickets

I am actually a huge fan of the no helmet law, I figure if you are stupid enough to ride a bike at highway speeds without a helmet, then you really are just contaminating the gene pool. The legislatures must agree.

But then I am biased, I saw my best friends kid lay in a coma for 6 months at KU Med after they took a grapefruit size piece of his brain out, took another year, 1.5 million in brain surgery to get him where he can " live" with the assistance of a full time nurse, he can even go to the bathroom by himself now....This was a 17 year old, one week before graduating H.S. and going to College on a football scholarship. Was going less than 15 MPH on a fourwheeler, fell and hit his head on a rock. Guess what, NO HELMET.

To this day I get physicaly ill when I see some P.O.S. parent letting there kids on an ATV or Motorcycle without a helmet.
Skirkpat is offline   Reply With Quote