The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
Imperial Kustom
100% gearhead

I need your guys' support please.

Most of you have seen the pink (I still don't know the factory name for the color) '63 GMC I drive. Recently it has been declining in the running department. It all started when the Air Zenith compressor took a dump. Then the Viair took a dump. After that the electrical to the compressor caught the truck on fire three times in one week. Then the motor developed an intermittent miss under load and then started missing more frequently. Last week it dropped a cylinder, caught fire pretty bad (fourth one!) and now it hits on all eight but loses cylinders at idle. It runs so rough that it won't idle period. The mill has less than 20,000 miles on it too! Some buddies had to wrestle the gas can away from me this weekend as I was going to simply torch the thing up and watch it burn. That would be a shame though as this truck doesn't even have 47,000 miles on it. Wanna help lift my spirits here?

I never stopped playing with cars, they just got bigger.

Last edited by Imperial Kustom; 05-31-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Imperial Kustom is offline   Reply With Quote