The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
69GMCLonghorn

Anybody near Santa Clarita??

If anybody isn't busy this Father's Day at the crack o' dawn, there's a fairly new Cars n Coffee meet at Valencia and The Old Road. As with other Cars n' Coffee, they meet from 7:00 - 10:00 AM, but I'd get there earlier as they are expecting over 500 cars!!

Plus, the other ones I've gone to, I've been the ONLY TRUCK THERE, and got loads of attention! Kind of nice when you're in the middle of a bunch of 6-7 figure cars!
69GMCLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
haysonj

Re: Anybody near Santa Clarita??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69GMCLonghorn View Post
If anybody isn't busy this Father's Day at the crack o' dawn, there's a fairly new Cars n Coffee meet at Valencia and The Old Road. As with other Cars n' Coffee, they meet from 7:00 - 10:00 AM, but I'd get there earlier as they are expecting over 500 cars!!

Plus, the other ones I've gone to, I've been the ONLY TRUCK THERE, and got loads of attention! Kind of nice when you're in the middle of a bunch of 6-7 figure cars!
I would go but it would be about a two hour drive. We have one in Pismo Beach every Saturday called the Pismo Derelicts. there's usually two or three of our trucks there. Here's the website http://www.pismoderelicts.com/

Last edited by haysonj; 06-15-2009 at 04:29 PM.
haysonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
69GMCLonghorn

There's a big show every Saturday in Huntington Beach called Donut Derelicts... This early morning thing has become the trend in the last few years. I think it's awesome because you can go get your groove on looking at great cars/trucks, talk with people with common interests, and be back home in time to get the weekend honey-do's did (?).
Old 06-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
haysonj

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69GMCLonghorn View Post
There's a big show every Saturday in Huntington Beach called Donut Derelicts... This early morning thing has become the trend in the last few years. I think it's awesome because you can go get your groove on looking at great cars/trucks, talk with people with common interests, and be back home in time to get the weekend honey-do's did (?).
Yes that is the one they patterned ours after
Old 06-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
69GMCLonghorn

Donut Derelicts I found was a lot more fun because there weren't many of the "hey, look what I bought" crowd... Almost 100% of them were the "Hey, look what I BUILT" crowd. Much more down to earth.

However, Cars n Coffee is still ok. How often do you get to see a combined 200 - 300 exotics in the 6-7 figure range all in one parking lot?