The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #26
daverod
SSN 706

Re: The Wedding Project

I liked the first seat better. Did you ever sneak dads ride out and just rod the $hit out of it?

Last edited by daverod; 06-25-2009 at 07:22 PM.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #27
65VOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverod View Post
I liked the first seat better. Did you ever sneak dads ride out and just rod the $hit out of it?
haha the crate? Yeah, though it wasn't as comfortable, and was fun sliding around it the crate has been turned into a tool box. And oh I used to cruise the vette. It had amazing handling and was an awesome fourspeed. Why the "had" cause dad sold it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dranch View Post
Any progress updates....the wedding still on....
WOW, it has been some time since I've posted. I've done a disservice by not posting my progress. To clear it up first, yes the wedding is still on. 30 days and counting!!! Super excited! And for progress updates. Whew, ok... here goes. Last I left of I just finished putting the vinyl on the seat.

Now the bed is in. I decided to go with leaving the wood with some character.

I've gotten the transmission linkage back to a reliable state, my turn signals work, headlights work, engine sounds great, and brakes reliable. So all in all I feel pretty good about it. One thing is strange. When my headlights are on my right turn signals don't want to flash though the left side will. when the head lights are off I don't have this problem. weird huh? Any suggestions on something like this?

Ive also decided to delegate the painting to a local garage who I've seen with some classic trucks and rods that I've admired. This is one thing I don't mind leaving to the pros. I just gotta pick my interior color. I plan to get the outside painted a chevrolet hunter green or medium green. Maybe something like this.

I'll leave you with this beauty I saw at Home Depot in South Knoxville
65VOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #28
daverod
SSN 706

I like that color. I'm doing mine in hot rod flat green maybe mith some flames. I wish I could get mine painted by the pros. Smart thinking. I don't know why they call it painting it should be called sanding.
daverod is offline   Reply With Quote