The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
slomotion
Old Duffer

Rapid Air Products

Saw a spot on one of the Saturday morning Speed Channel shows for an easily installed shop air expansion system. I wanted to have a couple more air line drops in my shop because I was tired of dragging around one hose to several areas. The shop isn't that big, but a couple of strategically placed drops would definately be a plus.
I bought the "Master System" which includes a manifold block, two junction boxes, two drain valves, two quick connects, a hand full of fittings, and 100' of plastic air line rated to 150 psig. The only thing I had to buy extra was some nylon clamps, and some 5/8" self-starting screws for mounting the pipe to the walls.
I installed the system by myself in a couple of hours after I decided how I wanted the runs to go. A helper would have been handy mainly because of the plastic pipe's hysteresis (memory) as it wants to remain coiled. I laid it out on the lawn weighted on the ends to allow the sun to warm it up for a couple of hours. A couple more wouldn't have hurt. It's just the nature of the material, it's nothing Rapid Air over-looked. The key is to warm it up for easier installation.
I like the system. Rapid Air has put together some quality parts for this kit, made it easy to install, and at a reasonable price compared to what you'd pay if you bought everything seperately.
Check them out at:

<www.rapidairproducts.com>

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote